Gonon 2015

Now $129.95 per bottle, presumably the 750 ml.

OK no. More for you, I’ll pass. 2014 Clape Cornas at $89.00 was my limit. But that’s Clape, and that’s Cornas.

Wow! That is really something.
2009 vintage at Compagnie de l’Hermitage in 2011: 14 €
2010 at the domaine in 2012: 20 €. Jussayin’…

If I stopped buying Chave when it crossed the $100 threshold I’m certainly not going to buy Gonon at that price point.

Looking for another SJ to replace Gonon, any suggestions?

Chave SJ is still < 100.

That´s a Saint-Joseph !
No Hermitage, Cornas, Cote-Rotie …

… but as long as people are willing to pay such prices - what should I say …

I bought the 2015 for 35 € … that´s quite exactly what it´s worth … (imho)

Gripa.

Disclaimer- Yes I sell it, I’m not a dummy!

Berceau is great. But not exactly free either.

Disclaimer - I also sell Gripa. And Gonon when I come to think of it.

Yowza!

I like Gonon. I don’t like it that much! I bought some recent vintage Jamet Cote Rotie for less than that a few weeks ago.

Loonie! I paid $31.50 for the 2009 at K&L.

Faury

Marsanne (the producer not the grape).

Monier Perreol.

Very interesting. I guess this is one of those situations where the popularity of the brand, somewhat based on this board, has lead to an increase in price.

I think I’ve asked this before, but is this price what is being offered ex-Chateau is it the US Importer ‘taking charge’ and increasing the price heavily for the US market alone?

It seems to me that a challenge here is that this is an AOC that usually does not ‘get the respect’ compared to others around it, and that these wines are aberrations compared to others in the area . . . but hasn’t this producer ‘proved’ that they are worth it based on a track record? Just curious . . .

Cheers.

“it” is a moving target.

I’m a long time buyer of this estate. My price on this was sub-$50. Solid value. I would not pay that current price. You can get 2013 Jamet and Clape for less, among other producers. This run-up is now the hype of the market. I think I could go to $75 at best. Better than Faury VV but not at 4x pricing.

This is what happens to Bored Darlings!

^this. Their single vineyards can be had for around $40 and their regular saint joe for under $30

No. It’s the retailers upping the price due to the demand. Wholesale is still pretty similar.