Paso Robles B&B recomendations

My wine group is planning a Spring trip to Paso Robles and we are looking for recommendations on a B&B in the area. There are 4 couples and we will probably stay 4 or 5 days. An ideal situation would be a B&B at a winery or adjacent to vineyards… but not too far from restaurants.

My wife and I have been to Paso many times but we have always just stayed in a hotel.

Thank you for sharing.

Why not go VRBO or Air BNB? That’s what I would suggest - and I’m sure others on here have done the same. It’ll also give you the ability to do your own cooking - and save that $$$$ that you’ll need to afford to purchase those higher priced wines there! :slight_smile:

And you know that you’ll only be about 90 minutes from Los Olivos, right?

Cheers

Many of the vineyards have very nice accommodations and I would argue a far better experience than a hotel any day. My favorite, though pricy, is Denner’s Comus House. Its a four bedroom house on the top of the hill and it is sweet. The innkeepers Ron and Felicia are super sweet and you will feel like the king of the world up there. For another interesting option, look up Alta Colina which converted a handful of airstream trailers into a block and you can basically glamp there and cater things or bbq on your own. Another lovely option (though the wines could use some help) is Hammersky. Gorgeous farmhouse experience where you are solo there doing cooking and such, but idyllic setting. Not to be forgotten though out in the sticks is Justin’s Inn. The chateau is for the get crazy group, but it is pretty over the top.

1+ on Denner. Stayed there and it was really nice. If it were four couples it would be the whole house. You get a break on price if you are a Comus member. Justin was nice too but it is out of the way. VRBO will be the best deal for the $ if you find something acceptable that fits your needs.

Robert

Denner was a great idea but fyi when I called them they told be that the B&B is going back to being a private residence at year end.

&B is going back to be a private residence at year-end.

Hi Larry,

If I don’t get some specific recommendations I will certainly go to one of the B&B sites.

Don’t know yet if we will get as far south as Los Olivos but if we do we will certainly visit you! [cheers.gif]

b

7b sites.

We always stay in Cambria, it is beautiful right on the coast and not so hot like Paso.
Driving to the Paso wineries from there isn’t too bad, maybe 40 minutes.
Check out: https://www.cambriacoastrentals.com/
You can get a really nice home for about $150 per night.

Airbnb is the way to go. VRBO fees seem excessive and I find they are not focused on the modern traveler. Best advice is plan ahead 2 months. I just secured the house for my sessions in Portland for the first week in October and my first choice was already gone. I usually end up getting a 2 - 3 BR even traveling solo as otherwise there is no dishwasher, large table or separate bedroom.

Hi Joel,

I will check it out. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice Doug. I have only done this a few times.

In the Paso Robles area, might take a look at Paso Robles Vacation Rentals. They manage a variety of privately owned properties and appear to be well run (I used them once, seamless experience).

-Al

NOT a B&B but we have stayed downtown at Hotel Cheval twice (last year was the latest) and love the proximity (no driving) to the downtown dining scene. I’m pretty sure breakfast was included with our room and at night you can sit outside by a roaring fire, enjoying your after dinner drink and their s’mores butler will cook you up a treat on the fire!
I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

+1 for Hotel Cheval. Best place I’ve stayed in Paso, hands down.

we have a 4 bedroom house on Airnbnb centrally located on the westside. We are very close to where Vineyard Drive meets Jack Creek Rd. and Willow Creek Road in a small town of Roblar (Population 44). you can see Linne Calodo vineyard from our driveway and we are about 3 mins to Saxum and Denner. And about 5 mins to Trader Joes/101.

Here is the link:

send me a PM if you are interested or have questions. happy to give a WB discount.

I would suggest staying in Paso unless you really want to visit Cambria since there are no wineries near Cambria. Completely out of your way for wine tasting. Just my two cents.

Great suggestion from Sasha! It’s a very nice house with a large back yard and a super convenient location for visiting all the Westside wineries. Less than 15 minute drive to downtown Paso.

PM sent.

Just wanted to chime in to say that Sasha’s house is top-notch and a highly recommended place to stay on your Paso sojourns.

Our group of 5 adults and one kindergartner spent two nights and greatly enjoyed the convenience to Paso Robles, Templeton, and numerous west side wineries. The house is warm and comfortable and we wanted for nothing. We’ve stayed in a bunch of AirBnb-type spots over the years and this was up there with the best of them.

Dilecta and Turtle Rock were the standout wineries for us–casual but knowledgeable service and top-notch wine.

We stayed at Venteaux and loved it. Great location near some nice vineyards, beautiful. They have some rooms in the house plus a barn with a nice apartment on top.

Geoff, it was great to host you and your guests at our Airbnb. Glad you enjoyed it; come back any time. We love being so centrally located to all the vineyards, 12 wineries within a mile, and still close to town.

For any WineBerskers looking for a place on West side Paso Robles, hit me up! I will give WBers a discount.