Favre-a-thon 7.0

This is more of an excuse to post photos than anything else, since I didn’t take notes on the wines. Maybe Jon, Brad, Keith or one of the other attendees will chime in.

Anyway, the esteemed Jonathan Favre took his talents to Washington, D.C. last weekend, for what he kept telling people was Favre-a-thon 8.0, but according to a quick search appears to have been 7.0 (as 6.0 was just last September). The theme was grand cru Vosne-Romanee, but everyone showed up with DRC RSV (funny how that works…). We had 95, 99, 00, 01, 02, 05, 07 and 09. For whites, we enjoyed a few grand cru PYCM and a couple of delicious older Leflaives. Everything kicked off on a gorgeous rooftop with a bottle of 69 DP P3 courtesy of the most generous Mr. England. We had a bunch of other Champagne (not pictured), including a horizontal of 96s: Krug, DP, Salon, P. Peters Chetillons, and Henriot Enchanteleurs. The food was pretty solid. My wife and I split a 40 oz., 50-day dry-aged tomahawk ribeye (see last photo). A good time was had by all!

The wine on the far right of the DRCs is a 1964 Pierre Olivier RSV, which was sadly over the hill (to my palate).

Meh.

So, you are saying that there was no collusion?

fred

nice lineup ladies and gents.

we need another west coast edition jon!

[cheers.gif]

When you travel/wine/dine as much as Jon has, the years tend to blur together. The second day looked good too!

I saw Jon twice last year, but not yet this year… gotta remedy that.

Wow, looks like an amazing event! Not sure though that providing the Dom was so generous – it has a finger floating in it! champagne.gif
Regards,
Peter

Outstanding plus. Thanks for the vicarious turn on.

Thx for posting the pix Scott! I have notes and remember most of the evening :slight_smile: - I’ll get them up soon, promise. Unless someone else beats me!

FYI - the fine folks in the DC area are the salt of the earth. This happens when and 8hr dinner seems like it just started when wrapping up the evening = good times with great people!