TN: 2010 Domaine Michel Lafarge Volnay 1er Cru Clos du Chateau des Ducs

• 2010 Domaine Michel Lafarge Volnay 1er Cru Clos du Château des Ducs - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Volnay 1er Cru (8/15/2018)
    Absolutely stunning nose. Bright red fruit. Floral notes. Elegant. The palate is fruit driven but firm on the finish. Explosive finish. So beautiful. So elegant. This is Burgundy to me.
  • 2010 Domaine Michel Lafarge Volnay 1er Cru Clos du Château des Ducs - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Volnay 1er Cru (12/13/2017)
    This is an incredible bottle of Volnay. Red fruited. So aromatic with roses and red fruit. Intoxicating. The palate is firm with minerals but loaded with red fruit. A long finish. This is a teenager but showing so much even at this
    young age. To me, this is Burgundy. Love.

Posted from CellarTracker

Two notes on one of the great ones. From a fantastic vintage. Premier producer and terroir. I love Volnay.

That sounds fanatastic

Was this actually approachable?

Yes. Quite approachable. Stunning nose. One of the best.

Great notes. And not surprising. I love 2010 and I love Lafarge even more.

Is 2010 going to prove to be THE Burgundy vintage of recent times - over 1999, 2005 and 2015? Would not be shocked.

I think it will

Thanks, Don. Looks like I have a couple of these stashed away, so appreciate the notes. Hope all is well!

I agree (at least for my palate) !

Has anybody drunk any 06 Lafarge lately?

I do too. Has the best combo of freshness, concentration, and texture of any I’ve tasted. And amazingly consistent.

So do I.

Eric. I hope we can catch up soon. Everything is going great here.

ditto
Thanks for the notes, Don [cheers.gif]