Thoughts on William & Mary release

We all know Will is a great guy, anyone tasted these or any experience ?

Search is your friend. Several tasting notes posted in the past few weeks.

This - many notes, even a crappy set from me!

Wish they weren’t only in 3-packs, grr. I need to be an attorney like the rest of the crew here so I can afford all this pricey wine.

I just started drinking my '14s a couple of months ago and they are amazing! I know its relative but I believe the juice is worth the price! I keep telling myself I am going to drop off some lists but I can’t bring myself to drop from this one!

I’m in. Went for 3 + 3

I’m probably grabbing a three of the cab. Not sure about the blend at $95

I like Roy Piper’s comment after tasting the 2016 from tank before being bottled: “If you are in thus far, I highly recommend you stay in.”

The 2014 W&M cab that I had earlier this year was epic and full of promise. Buy!

When I first opened the offer it said I wasn’t allocated anything [cry.gif]

Was surpriing, I purchased a three pack from each of the previous two vintages. Just opened the link again and all is right with the world. champagne.gif

How much are the Cabs?? if Todd can’t afford them, they gotta be priced higher than Harlan?!
:wink:

$110 including shipping.

I’m in for 6 cab and 3 red… easy no-brainer.

You can search for my comments but I’m a buyer of both, having had each via barrel sample as well as previously buying both the 2014 and 2015 Cabs.

Here is the offer, 3-pack increments per wine, shipping included.

2016 William & Mary Proprietary Red $95/bottle
50% Cabernet Franc, 50% Merlot
125 cases produced
14.5% alcohol

Seamless. Purity of fruit. Power without weight. Aromatically expressive. Tastes like barrel sample in the best way - youthful & energetic with a bright future. The Merlot is the core of the wine, the red fruit platform upon which everything is built. Standing tall on that platform is the Cab Franc, providing lift to the aromatics and midpalate while giving the overall wine power and drive.

I would encourage opening one of these early as there is something joyful about this youthful stage . I’d also recommend stashing one away for as long as you reasonably can as I suspect the best, most interesting days are well in its future.

2016 William & Mary Cabernet Sauvignon $110/bottle
100% Cabernet Sauvignon
150 cases produced
14.5% alcohol

Making wine is akin to dating. If you look in the right place and find someone interesting, each successive date, or in this case harvest, should be better than the one preceding it. The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is the next step in the progression of our understanding of the vineyard and its expression through grape into wine.

2016 was a ‘vineyard’ year in that the unique expression of site was able and encourgaged to shine. With a better understanding of the intricacies of the vineyard, the balance and construction of the wine are immediately apparent. Rich, cool red fruit with a lively mix of acid & tannin give the wine power, depth and intrigue. The best of the trio we have released thus far.

Trent… Looks Luke you got the prices backwards.

[swearing.gif]

Corrected, thanks Bud.

The Cab is tremendous. Had it just before it went to bottle.

Is Will the winemaker or TRB or someone else?

In for 3 + 3

Will is the winemaker.

I hadn’t posted this previously, but tasted both 2016s from bottle with Will last Monday. The Cabernet is superb, a refined, full effort that has lush fruit and ripe tannins. Drank very well upon opening and kept gaining with air over the ensuring 24 hours. The blend, sadly, was slightly corked, so I reserved judgment, but it definitely showed more of the earth/leaf character of Cab Franc. Highly recommend the Cabernet at the price; reserve judgment only because I tasted a corked bottle of the blend.

Thanks Bud. My buying is cut way down, but Will has been great to deal with over the years, glad to support him. I am in for a few.