Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#251 Post by David Glasser » February 17th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 5:10 am
What's the best/easiest way to upload pics? I used to go through the TinyPic website, and now nothing loads. Have tried multiple times off my iPad and iPhone. Used to work perfectly.
If the pic is on a website, download it to your iPad first. Long press on the pic to bring up the menu with "Save Image." Once it’s on your iPad:

1. "Post Reply" button (full editor below the Quick Reply box)
2. "Attachments" tab below the reply box
3. "Add files" button
4. "Photo Library"
5. Choose the pic you want
6. "Done"
7. Position cursor in reply box where you want pic
8. "Place inline" button at bottom of Attachments panel
9. Repeat steps 3-8 for each additional pic
10. "Preview" if you want to check appearance
11. "Submit"
Attachments
6BB647D0-DAAA-468A-BA08-3985BFA6A1ED.jpeg

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#252 Post by mattcitrang » March 3rd, 2019, 3:00 pm

Why do I get inundated with adds when browsing the Epicurean Exploits forum?

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

#253 Post by Robert M yers » March 10th, 2019, 10:05 pm

What’s the best way to get a high(er) def picture up. I tried Imgur but it then has all the Imgur border crap. And I don’t really want an Imgur acct if I don’t need to...

Alex N

#254 Post by Alex N » March 14th, 2019, 2:46 pm

It would be nice to have links to 3rd party sites open in a new tab/window rather than completely redirecting to the linked website. You're essentially driving traffic away from the website without the target=_blank attribute that can easily be applied to non-WB linkage by default. My only .02 as a relatively noob on this forum.
Alex Nichols

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#255 Post by David Glasser » March 14th, 2019, 8:17 pm

All you have to do is upload a high def picture. A high-def version of the picture I posted above opens when you click on it, and you’re still on the WB site. While it opens in the current tab like other links (the one thing I still haven’t adjusted to since the upgrade), if you right click or long press on it, you can open it in a separate tab.

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#256 Post by JDavisRoby » March 14th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Delete.
Last edited by JDavisRoby on March 17th, 2019, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshu@

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#257 Post by JDavisRoby » March 15th, 2019, 8:45 am

Delete
Last edited by JDavisRoby on March 17th, 2019, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshu@

Alex N

#258 Post by Alex N » March 16th, 2019, 7:39 pm

yes
Last edited by Alex N on March 17th, 2019, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#259 Post by JDavisRoby » March 16th, 2019, 11:35 pm

Delete.
Last edited by JDavisRoby on March 17th, 2019, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshu@

Alex N

#260 Post by Alex N » March 17th, 2019, 6:45 am

Yep
Last edited by Alex N on March 17th, 2019, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Nichols

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#261 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » March 17th, 2019, 5:39 pm

David Glasser wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 9:32 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 5:10 am
What's the best/easiest way to upload pics? I used to go through the TinyPic website, and now nothing loads. Have tried multiple times off my iPad and iPhone. Used to work perfectly.
If the pic is on a website, download it to your iPad first. Long press on the pic to bring up the menu with "Save Image." Once it’s on your iPad:

1. "Post Reply" button (full editor below the Quick Reply box)
2. "Attachments" tab below the reply box
3. "Add files" button
4. "Photo Library"
5. Choose the pic you want
6. "Done"
7. Position cursor in reply box where you want pic
8. "Place inline" button at bottom of Attachments panel
9. Repeat steps 3-8 for each additional pic
10. "Preview" if you want to check appearance
11. "Submit"
I got it! You rock for an old dude, lol.

;)

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

J. Trombley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#262 Post by J. Trombley » March 18th, 2019, 6:01 pm

Just today, I’ve noticed I started to see ads when browsing the site. I’m a Grand Cru member, currently logged in, and haven’t had this issue before today. Using an iPad running the latest version of iOS and the chrome browser. Any ideas?
Jason

robert creth
GCC Member
GCC Member

#263 Post by robert creth » March 18th, 2019, 8:24 pm

J. Trombley wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 6:01 pm
Just today, I’ve noticed I started to see ads when browsing the site. I’m a Grand Cru member, currently logged in, and haven’t had this issue before today. Using an iPad running the latest version of iOS and the chrome browser. Any ideas?
Same here. Today is the first time I have seen them. Little boxes in some posts.

Matt Mauldin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#264 Post by Matt Mauldin » March 18th, 2019, 9:17 pm

Same issue as Jason and Robert. Seeing ads popping up for the first time today. I checked to be sure I was logged in.
ITB

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#265 Post by Mark Y » March 18th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Same here. Attached photo here.

Shows me logged in etc. this is mobile btw.
08D0C62C-1DF4-45FC-A772-4EFEFBA930AF.png
Y.e.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#266 Post by Todd F r e n c h » March 19th, 2019, 8:18 am

There is a thread in Asylum about it - it's fixed
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Gordon Fitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#267 Post by Gordon Fitz » March 19th, 2019, 8:25 am

Perhaps I’ve missed this from before, but when I hit the Board Index tab, as before, the index page no longer appears but an “ active topics” page appears in its place. What do I need to do to just get the index page?

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#268 Post by Todd F r e n c h » March 19th, 2019, 8:44 am

Gordon Fitz wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 8:25 am
Perhaps I’ve missed this from before, but when I hit the Board Index tab, as before, the index page no longer appears but an “ active topics” page appears in its place. What do I need to do to just get the index page?
Click the logo - that takes you to the index page
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member

#269 Post by Blake Brown » March 19th, 2019, 11:26 am

After having gone a few weeks without any notice of posts on the college basketball thread on Asylum, I checked in only to find many have occurred since last on. How does that happen? Yes, I've selected to be notified. I wonder how many other threads I've missed and what do I need to do to avoid this in the future?
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#270 Post by Todd F r e n c h » March 19th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Blake Brown wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 11:26 am
After having gone a few weeks without any notice of posts on the college basketball thread on Asylum, I checked in only to find many have occurred since last on. How does that happen? Yes, I've selected to be notified. I wonder how many other threads I've missed and what do I need to do to avoid this in the future?
Depends on your notifications settings - are they set to email you? If so, you might have to whitelist the domain, as they could be routed to spam

Gordon Fitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#271 Post by Gordon Fitz » March 19th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Todd;

I do that and the page that comes up says statistics, then who is on line! It does bring up the old board index page.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#272 Post by Todd F r e n c h » March 19th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Gordon Fitz wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 12:09 pm
Todd;

I do that and the page that comes up says statistics, then who is on line! It does bring up the old board index page.
Clear your cache for this website - the hyperlink is set as the home page/index page

Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member

#273 Post by Blake Brown » March 19th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 12:06 pm
Blake Brown wrote:
Depends on your notifications settings - are they set to email you? If so, you might have to whitelist the domain, as they could be routed to spam
What's changed? I've been getting notifications all along and then I don't? I do not find any in JUNK.
After posting on the basketball thread, I have since received a notification. Its like if I'm inactive for a few days, I lose the notice, but I know that's not true across the board as I've gotten some that were many months out.???
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#274 Post by Todd F r e n c h » March 19th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Blake Brown wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 1:36 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 12:06 pm
Blake Brown wrote:
What's changed? I've been getting notifications all along and then I don't? I do not find any in JUNK.
After posting on the basketball thread, I have since received a notification. Its like if I'm inactive for a few days, I lose the notice, but I know that's not true across the board as I've gotten some that were many months out.???
Nothing has changed since the software change. If you haven't yet setup the notifications again after that change, they probably won't work. I have subscribed to several threads and always get the notification in my 'notifications' alert up top (as I have mine setup NOT to send emails as notification - all that is configurable in the User Control panel)

Mike Kuller

#275 Post by Mike Kuller » June 26th, 2019, 6:46 pm

On my iPhone using AOL, many times when I try to read a message, it doesn't recognize my password.

So each day or new place with WiFi I have to get a new one, since the one my LastPass remembers and tries, doesn't work.

Is it Apple, AOL or WB?
No Vino Sin Cojones

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#276 Post by Todd F r e n c h » June 27th, 2019, 8:14 am

Mike Kuller wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 6:46 pm
On my iPhone using AOL, many times when I try to read a message, it doesn't recognize my password.

So each day or new place with WiFi I have to get a new one, since the one my LastPass remembers and tries, doesn't work.

Is it Apple, AOL or WB?
Memorized passwords are always the device or browser, as the forum doesn't memorize passwords for you, since it requires you to enter the password to be logged in. Might be an issue with LastPass.

I didn't even know AOL was even around anymore!

BobMilton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#277 Post by BobMilton » June 27th, 2019, 9:06 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 8:14 am
Mike Kuller wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Is it Apple, AOL or WB?
Memorized passwords are always the device or browser, as the forum doesn't memorize passwords for you, since it requires you to enter the password to be logged in. Might be an issue with LastPass.

I didn't even know AOL was even around anymore!
When Verizon bought AOL, they made AOL the actual server for all the Verizon.net email addresses. So, yeah AOL is still around, at least for that.

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#278 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 9th, 2019, 5:10 pm

How do you resize pictures to fit the avatar size?

Without distorting the image.

Kenny H (circa 2015)

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#279 Post by David Glasser » July 10th, 2019, 7:55 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Open a copy of the image file in whatever program you have.
Find the "resize" tool or whatever it’s called in your program.
Select "maintain aspect ratio" or whatever it’s called.
Enter a smaller number (may be pixels, mm, inches) for one dimension (either horizontal or vertical).
Save results to a new file.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#280 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 10th, 2019, 8:05 am

David Glasser wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 7:55 am
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:

Enter a smaller number (may be pixels, mm, inches) for one dimension (either horizontal or vertical).
Or, since you tend to be lazy and want Mark B to do everything for you, send it to me and I'll do it for you neener

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#281 Post by David Glasser » July 10th, 2019, 8:10 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 8:05 am
David Glasser wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 7:55 am
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:

Or, since you tend to be lazy and want Mark B to do everything for you, send it to me and I'll do it for you neener
Also, "resize tool" refers to images only, in case you get any big ideas.

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#282 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 10th, 2019, 9:30 am

So confusing. I asked the help and was told, “sorry, do it yourself”. So I’ll stay naked.

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Mike Kuller

#283 Post by Mike Kuller » July 10th, 2019, 9:39 am

I agree with Robert.

Why can't someone ask a question here without all the comedians trying to get a laugh?
No Vino Sin Cojones

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#284 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 10th, 2019, 9:41 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 9:30 am
So confusing. I asked the help and was told, “sorry, do it yourself”. So I’ll stay naked.
Send it to me! It's much easier that way...I've done plenty o' avatars on here as it's super easy for me to pound it out and post it

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#285 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 10th, 2019, 11:18 am

EA57EA27-521A-439B-B5D4-828EEA6814EB.jpeg
Fu created it:

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#286 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 10th, 2019, 11:23 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 11:18 am
EA57EA27-521A-439B-B5D4-828EEA6814EB.jpeg

Fu created it:
Two options for you - one that is the original format, scaled to fit, the other larger, with the 200X200 requirement
alfertavatar.jpg
alfertavatar.jpg (18.14 KiB) Viewed 142 times
alfertavatarsquare.jpg
alfertavatarsquare.jpg (16.2 KiB) Viewed 142 times

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#287 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 10th, 2019, 11:31 am

Well of course I would go for the full-body spread, notwithstanding how nice the close-up of my face is. One must use all of one's ass'ets.

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#288 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 10th, 2019, 11:37 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 11:31 am
Well of course I would go for the full-body spread, notwithstanding how nice the close-up of my face is. One must use all of one's ass'ets.
All set!

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#289 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 10th, 2019, 12:02 pm

beautiful. in all its glory.

Kenny H (circa 2015)

YLee

#290 Post by YLee » July 19th, 2019, 6:43 am

Not sure which section to ask this.
How do I set a search for 2 or more words to show results? For example, I want to make sure 2014 and Drc shows up in search result. Currently if I enter 2015 drc, anything that has any of the words will show up.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#291 Post by David Glasser » July 19th, 2019, 8:04 pm

YLee wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 6:43 am
Not sure which section to ask this.
How do I set a search for 2 or more words to show results? For example, I want to make sure 2014 and Drc shows up in search result. Currently if I enter 2015 drc, anything that has any of the words will show up.
Go to Advanced Search (the gear at the right end of the search box)
Put a + in front of words that must appear:
+DRC +2015

Return to “Wine Talk”