Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#151 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 18th, 2018, 8:06 am

Br@d S w @ l l o w wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 6:54 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 6:34 pm
Fixed the latter one, super easy (instructions posted elsewhere as well, like the 'media' thread) - just put the entire URL in between the 'media' code (which shows up when you click the media button, right next to spoiler - looks like a monitor)

All in all the media button works across a MASSIVE array of sites, automatically parsing them for embedding into posts. Just put the URL between the code, boom, done.
I tried to edit an earlier post to repost a Youtube video. I used the Media button and got this message: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [media]."

Boom, denied!
Show me the thread so I can see what you did - remember to copy the entire URL, not only the ID number as before

Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Br@d S w @ l l o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4160
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:39 pm
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#152 Post by Br@d S w @ l l o w » August 18th, 2018, 3:40 pm

I edited the post to delete the malfunctioning link. Let's se if it works now.

[deleted]

Hey, it works. This is the Youtube video I tried to repost in one of the politics threads. If I ever get the same message again, I will link to the post.
Last edited by Br@d S w @ l l o w on August 18th, 2018, 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Oh, bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" ~Alex

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#153 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 18th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Br@d S w @ l l o w wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 3:40 pm
I edited the post to delete the malfunctioning link. Let's se if it works now.

(deleted)
It worked, but that's a political video, no bueno
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Br@d S w @ l l o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4160
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:39 pm
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#154 Post by Br@d S w @ l l o w » August 18th, 2018, 3:47 pm

I deleted it. Just wanted to see if it would work. You should delete it in your quote of my post.
"Oh, bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" ~Alex

User avatar
BobMilton
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 428
Joined: April 29th, 2010, 1:08 pm
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#155 Post by BobMilton » August 18th, 2018, 4:31 pm

New item - of little or no real consequence. It used to be if I clicked the go to unread post link and after reading the unread posts I clicked my browsers back button, that thread would change to no unread post. Now if I do that, the thread still has the unread post markings. They clear only if I go back to the forum index and start again. Strange, and as I said no biggy. Just wanted to bring it up.

User avatar
David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5129
Joined: August 16th, 2009, 6:03 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#156 Post by David Glasser » August 19th, 2018, 3:43 am

c fu wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 1:21 pm
David Glasser wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 1:10 pm
c fu wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 12:59 pm


Apple master race
LOL

To the extent I understand phone technology, that’s as good an explanation as any. You could’ve said flux capacitor and I’d have bought it.
I'm beginning to think it's a Chrome mobile web browser issue. The last couple have been on androids running Chrome Browser.
I don't really need the extra columns. Was mostly curious.

Having spent a little time reading the board with my phone, I have to say it's a HUGE improvement over the old software.

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#157 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 19th, 2018, 8:54 am

BobMilton wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 4:31 pm
New item - of little or no real consequence. It used to be if I clicked the go to unread post link and after reading the unread posts I clicked my browsers back button, that thread would change to no unread post. Now if I do that, the thread still has the unread post markings. They clear only if I go back to the forum index and start again. Strange, and as I said no biggy. Just wanted to bring it up.
That's a browser issue - your browser caches that page, so if you click 'back' it will show just as it did, until you refresh. If you want to clear the marking of 'new posts' click 'new posts' at the top of the page, that will reset it each time - same as before, actually
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Mark C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33528
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 2:45 pm
Location: We’re not dead, we’re just Reston...

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#158 Post by Mark C » August 19th, 2018, 10:11 am

Br@d S w @ l l o w wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 6:54 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 6:34 pm
Fixed the latter one, super easy (instructions posted elsewhere as well, like the 'media' thread) - just put the entire URL in between the 'media' code (which shows up when you click the media button, right next to spoiler - looks like a monitor)

All in all the media button works across a MASSIVE array of sites, automatically parsing them for embedding into posts. Just put the URL between the code, boom, done.
I tried to edit an earlier post to repost a Youtube video. I used the Media button and got this message: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [media]."

Boom, denied!
I just came here to post the same thing.

What is wrong with the [media] usage?
[cheers.gif]

Mark Cћамρηeγ

Wine Berserkers, “delight of the incapable and insignificant"!

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.” — Jay Bylsma

“Mark; I’ll surrender the argument.” Gordon Fitz


aka Frabjous/CT

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13026
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#159 Post by Craig G » August 19th, 2018, 11:17 am

Is the different landscape menu an option I need to configure? I’m seeing the same options in landscape.
“I want to halve your babies” — King Solomon

C. Gle@son

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#160 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 19th, 2018, 11:57 am

Craig G wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 11:17 am
Is the different landscape menu an option I need to configure? I’m seeing the same options in landscape.
Not sure what you mean, but no, landscape is not an 'option' - the browser in your phone has a certain pixel limit - the larger that limit, the more you'll see. On mine, for example, I see everything when I go landscape - the same as on computer.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#161 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 19th, 2018, 11:58 am

Mark C wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 10:11 am
Br@d S w @ l l o w wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 6:54 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 6:34 pm
Fixed the latter one, super easy (instructions posted elsewhere as well, like the 'media' thread) - just put the entire URL in between the 'media' code (which shows up when you click the media button, right next to spoiler - looks like a monitor)

All in all the media button works across a MASSIVE array of sites, automatically parsing them for embedding into posts. Just put the URL between the code, boom, done.
I tried to edit an earlier post to repost a Youtube video. I used the Media button and got this message: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [media]."

Boom, denied!
I just came here to post the same thing.

What is wrong with the [media] usage?
I'm unclear what you mean, Mark. You had the same issue with Youtube? If so, did you just copy the Youtube URL and paste it between the media commands? That's how it works, as outlined above - no more just the video ID, the whole URL, and the media command automatically parses it and embeds it
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13026
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#162 Post by Craig G » August 19th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 11:57 am
Craig G wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 11:17 am
Is the different landscape menu an option I need to configure? I’m seeing the same options in landscape.
Not sure what you mean, but no, landscape is not an 'option' - the browser in your phone has a certain pixel limit - the larger that limit, the more you'll see. On mine, for example, I see everything when I go landscape - the same as on computer.
Here’s what I see in landscape:
98B26BEA-FAE8-41C4-858F-A09EA7707123.png
“I want to halve your babies” — King Solomon

C. Gle@son

User avatar
Mark C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33528
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 2:45 pm
Location: We’re not dead, we’re just Reston...

Strange anomoly . . .

#163 Post by Mark C » August 19th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Here’s a weird thing I noticed about the new software:

Jim Anderson’s avatar (Pre!) displays on the first WB page below but not on the second. Why is that? Enquiring minds need to know!
  1. Does display: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=135546&p=2559796#p2559798
  2. Does not display: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153446#p2557805
[cheers.gif]

Mark Cћамρηeγ

Wine Berserkers, “delight of the incapable and insignificant"!

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.” — Jay Bylsma

“Mark; I’ll surrender the argument.” Gordon Fitz


aka Frabjous/CT

User avatar
David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5129
Joined: August 16th, 2009, 6:03 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#164 Post by David Glasser » August 19th, 2018, 4:56 pm

I see it in both places.

User avatar
Mark C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33528
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 2:45 pm
Location: We’re not dead, we’re just Reston...

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#165 Post by Mark C » August 19th, 2018, 7:33 pm

David Glasser wrote:
August 19th, 2018, 4:56 pm
I see it in both places.
Weird. I just checked again and his avatar is still blank, as well as Ian Dorin's.
[cheers.gif]

Mark Cћамρηeγ

Wine Berserkers, “delight of the incapable and insignificant"!

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.” — Jay Bylsma

“Mark; I’ll surrender the argument.” Gordon Fitz


aka Frabjous/CT

User avatar
Charles Hetzel
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 184
Joined: February 23rd, 2013, 2:53 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#166 Post by Charles Hetzel » August 20th, 2018, 7:11 am

Love the new site - it is working great. When will the login credentials remember my login information?
Charles Hetzel
Proprietor/Chief Curator @ Braxton Cellars
Chicago, IL

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#167 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 20th, 2018, 7:35 am

Charles Hetzel wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 7:11 am
Love the new site - it is working great. When will the login credentials remember my login information?
Clear your cache, do it again - we had a change in server and a re-keyed certificate so your login info from before may conflict with the current secure certificate. Once your cache and cookies are cleared, log in, you'll be fine, as it will re-register the certificate for login
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Ken V
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 38348
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:42 pm
Location: Delmar, NY
Contact:

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#168 Post by Ken V » August 20th, 2018, 8:16 am

What does the BD icon stand for?
Ken V @ s t o l @
The Fine Wine Geek
Click on the W W W button under my name to see my website.
"Don't be meek, embrace the geek." -Terry Theise
Twitter: @FineWineGeek

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#169 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 20th, 2018, 8:21 am

Ken V wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 8:16 am
What does the BD icon stand for?
BerserkerDay
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Ken V
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 38348
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:42 pm
Location: Delmar, NY
Contact:

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#170 Post by Ken V » August 20th, 2018, 8:43 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 8:21 am
Ken V wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 8:16 am
What does the BD icon stand for?
BerserkerDay
Corresponding to the drinking of BD wines?
Ken V @ s t o l @
The Fine Wine Geek
Click on the W W W button under my name to see my website.
"Don't be meek, embrace the geek." -Terry Theise
Twitter: @FineWineGeek

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#171 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 20th, 2018, 8:57 am

Ken V wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 8:43 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 8:21 am
Ken V wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 8:16 am
What does the BD icon stand for?
BerserkerDay
Corresponding to the drinking of BD wines?
Used primarily DURING BerserkerDay, but when I find them elsewhere I typically change them out, though they can be used for BerserkerDay tasting notes, yes - just want to reserve it only for BerserkerDay-related posts
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5297
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#172 Post by Blake Brown » August 21st, 2018, 8:20 am

David Glasser wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 4:34 am
Sean Devaney wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 1:54 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 7:11 pm


Just added a sweet feature to Grand Cru Crü - as if they needed any more trick functionality - only they are allowed to hide online status! When you login, you can click 'hide online status' as some are prone to do (not sure why, frankly) and you can be online but the ONLINE ribbon doesn't appear over your avatar. Non-GCC members can select the button, but it won't work!

I just noticed that my name appears on "Who Is Online" list at the bottom of the page (no avatar) and I have the "Hide My Online Status" box checked yes on my control panel [scratch.gif] I do prefer to hide my online status. Can this be fixed? Do you have to be Grand Cru member to hide your online status now?
This is the deal with hiding online status, near as I can tell.

Changes you make to "hide online status" in the user control panel don’t take effect until you log out and log in again. You can’t just leave the page or close the tab and return. You have to log out/log in.

When hidden, your own name will still appear at the bottom of the page, in italics, but it will only be visible by you. I guess in case you forget who you are.

The "online" sash by your avatar on your posts also disappears only after making the selection on the control panel and logging out/in.

I’m a GCC so I don’t know if any of this is different for non GCC members.
Feedback: I logged out and back in and my name not only appears at the bottom, but it is not in italics???
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#173 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 21st, 2018, 11:24 am

Blake Brown wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 8:20 am
David Glasser wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 4:34 am
Sean Devaney wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 1:54 am


I just noticed that my name appears on "Who Is Online" list at the bottom of the page (no avatar) and I have the "Hide My Online Status" box checked yes on my control panel [scratch.gif] I do prefer to hide my online status. Can this be fixed? Do you have to be Grand Cru member to hide your online status now?
This is the deal with hiding online status, near as I can tell.

Changes you make to "hide online status" in the user control panel don’t take effect until you log out and log in again. You can’t just leave the page or close the tab and return. You have to log out/log in.

When hidden, your own name will still appear at the bottom of the page, in italics, but it will only be visible by you. I guess in case you forget who you are.

The "online" sash by your avatar on your posts also disappears only after making the selection on the control panel and logging out/in.

I’m a GCC so I don’t know if any of this is different for non GCC members.
Feedback: I logged out and back in and my name not only appears at the bottom, but it is not in italics???
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153472

And yes, it IS in italics - might not show for you, but does for me (I can, as administrator, see those who are logged in but 'invisible' - I see ALL!!! (except private messages, dammit!)
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Blake Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5297
Joined: May 2nd, 2010, 11:17 pm
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#174 Post by Blake Brown » August 21st, 2018, 12:40 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 11:24 am
Blake Brown wrote:
August 21st, 2018, 8:20 am
David Glasser wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 4:34 am


This is the deal with hiding online status, near as I can tell.

Changes you make to "hide online status" in the user control panel don’t take effect until you log out and log in again. You can’t just leave the page or close the tab and return. You have to log out/log in.

When hidden, your own name will still appear at the bottom of the page, in italics, but it will only be visible by you. I guess in case you forget who you are.

The "online" sash by your avatar on your posts also disappears only after making the selection on the control panel and logging out/in.

I’m a GCC so I don’t know if any of this is different for non GCC members.
Feedback: I logged out and back in and my name not only appears at the bottom, but it is not in italics???
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153472

And yes, it IS in italics - might not show for you, but does for me (I can, as administrator, see those who are logged in but 'invisible' - I see ALL!!! (except private messages, dammit!)
I just now find that to be the case Todd. I had selected and deselected the option to not show the name to no avail, but now it is in italics without the bold font. Thanks
"In victory you deserve Champagne. In defeat, you need it".
Napolean Bonaparte

“Remember gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!” – Winston Churchill

User avatar
Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6313
Joined: May 1st, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#175 Post by Mark Y » August 22nd, 2018, 11:05 am

Any chance we can make the "go to the first unread post" button a bit bigger? it's the most useful button on the page pretty much..
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Y.e.

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 399
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#176 Post by Ron Slye » August 22nd, 2018, 1:15 pm

Mark Y wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 11:05 am
Any chance we can make the "go to the first unread post" button a bit bigger? it's the most useful button on the page pretty much..

I had no idea that was a thing! That saves me a lot of time now!

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 28303
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#177 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » August 23rd, 2018, 8:20 am

Struggling with the drag and drop concept for attachments when I am using a tablet. Not sure what I am missing. Help an old guy out please.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

User avatar
David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5129
Joined: August 16th, 2009, 6:03 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#178 Post by David Glasser » August 23rd, 2018, 7:19 pm

Just started seeing an ad at the top of every thread this evening. I'm GCC, signed in. Is this a feature or a bug?
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 10.19.56 PM.png

JYoung
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 651
Joined: August 3rd, 2012, 9:37 pm
Location: seattle

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#179 Post by JYoung » August 23rd, 2018, 7:21 pm

David Glasser wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 7:19 pm
Just started seeing an ad at the top of every thread this evening. I'm GCC, signed in. Is this a feature or a bug?
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 10.19.56 PM.png
Me too. An addiction treatment center ad for me... I guess the site is trying to tell me something...
jason

User avatar
Steve Gautier
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1260
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 6:29 am
Location: Malvern, PA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#180 Post by Steve Gautier » August 23rd, 2018, 7:29 pm

Not only at the top but at places throughout the thread as well.
Good wine is a necessity of life. - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9020
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 2:23 pm
Location: Napa, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#181 Post by Randy Bowman » August 23rd, 2018, 7:50 pm

I'm getting the commercials too. Reload by link and new link didn't remove the commercials. We must of pissed off Todd.
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

User avatar
brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11426
Joined: April 7th, 2010, 12:17 pm
Location: Mission Viejo, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#182 Post by brigcampbell » August 23rd, 2018, 7:51 pm

Seeing ads in political forum. Screen shot.
Attachments
Capture+_2018-08-23-19-49-25.png

User avatar
Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9020
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 2:23 pm
Location: Napa, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#183 Post by Randy Bowman » August 23rd, 2018, 7:54 pm

Carrie is also having the problem. Any Democrats having the problem newhere
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#184 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 23rd, 2018, 9:34 pm

Bug, sorry - and my programmer is on East Coast time so he's long since gone to bed. Will fix it soon, my apologies
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6313
Joined: May 1st, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#185 Post by Mark Y » August 23rd, 2018, 9:48 pm

Mark Y wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 11:05 am
Any chance we can make the "go to the first unread post" button a bit bigger? it's the most useful button on the page pretty much..
Bumppp?
Y.e.

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#186 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 23rd, 2018, 9:54 pm

Mark Y wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 9:48 pm
Mark Y wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 11:05 am
Any chance we can make the "go to the first unread post" button a bit bigger? it's the most useful button on the page pretty much..
Bumppp?
No, get smaller fingers. Works for me, and I'm guessing I'm bigger/fatter than you neener
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Andrew Demaree
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2446
Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 7:33 am
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#187 Post by Andrew Demaree » August 23rd, 2018, 10:29 pm

The last two or three days, I’m seeing ads despite the fact that I’m signed in and am a GCC/subscriber. Any idea why that is?

User avatar
Andrew Demaree
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2446
Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 7:33 am
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#188 Post by Andrew Demaree » August 23rd, 2018, 10:30 pm

Sorry, just noticed this was asked by folks above. My bad for not reading all the new posts first.

User avatar
Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6313
Joined: May 1st, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#189 Post by Mark Y » August 23rd, 2018, 10:40 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 9:54 pm
Mark Y wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 9:48 pm
Mark Y wrote:
August 22nd, 2018, 11:05 am
Any chance we can make the "go to the first unread post" button a bit bigger? it's the most useful button on the page pretty much..
Bumppp?
No, get smaller fingers. Works for me, and I'm guessing I'm bigger/fatter than you neener
Plastic surgery on one finger is on deck... thanks..
Y.e.

User avatar
Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6313
Joined: May 1st, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: Bellevue, WA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#190 Post by Mark Y » August 23rd, 2018, 10:40 pm

Andrew Demaree wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 10:30 pm
Sorry, just noticed this was asked by folks above. My bad for not reading all the new posts first.
It’s ok. There’s a button that takes u to the last read post but it’s tiny.... ;)
Y.e.

User avatar
Andrew Demaree
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2446
Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 7:33 am
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#191 Post by Andrew Demaree » August 23rd, 2018, 10:53 pm

Yes, it is.

User avatar
DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 180
Joined: February 22nd, 2012, 3:07 pm
Location: Cream Ridge, NJ

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#192 Post by DavidFrankil » August 24th, 2018, 6:14 am

Anybody else having weird display issues in Chrome?

I'm using Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) - when I go to the Berserker pages, the entire page is covered with weird background images - exclamation points, bells, and other miscellaneous dingbats from fonts.

The text is still there, but barely visible against the background. It appears on all pages. Se attachment for a picture.
Attachments
BerserkerIssue.jpg
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#193 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 24th, 2018, 7:50 am

DavidFrankil wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 6:14 am
Anybody else having weird display issues in Chrome?

I'm using Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) - when I go to the Berserker pages, the entire page is covered with weird background images - exclamation points, bells, and other miscellaneous dingbats from fonts.

The text is still there, but barely visible against the background. It appears on all pages. Se attachment for a picture.
Wow, that's a new one!

Try emptying your cache for this site - see if that clears it up
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#194 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 24th, 2018, 7:52 am

Mark Y wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 10:40 pm
Andrew Demaree wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 10:30 pm
Sorry, just noticed this was asked by folks above. My bad for not reading all the new posts first.
It’s ok. There’s a button that takes u to the last read post but it’s tiny.... ;)
You don't actually have to hit right on the tiny button - there are quite a few pixels around it as well, sort of a halo, let's say, so the button is technically a little larger than it shows.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 180
Joined: February 22nd, 2012, 3:07 pm
Location: Cream Ridge, NJ

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#195 Post by DavidFrankil » August 24th, 2018, 9:04 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 7:50 am
DavidFrankil wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 6:14 am
Anybody else having weird display issues in Chrome?

I'm using Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) - when I go to the Berserker pages, the entire page is covered with weird background images - exclamation points, bells, and other miscellaneous dingbats from fonts.

The text is still there, but barely visible against the background. It appears on all pages. Se attachment for a picture.
Wow, that's a new one!

Try emptying your cache for this site - see if that clears it up
Whatever you did, it worked - problem is gone now.
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#196 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 24th, 2018, 9:40 am

DavidFrankil wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 9:04 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 7:50 am
DavidFrankil wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 6:14 am
Anybody else having weird display issues in Chrome?

I'm using Chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) - when I go to the Berserker pages, the entire page is covered with weird background images - exclamation points, bells, and other miscellaneous dingbats from fonts.

The text is still there, but barely visible against the background. It appears on all pages. Se attachment for a picture.
Wow, that's a new one!

Try emptying your cache for this site - see if that clears it up
Whatever you did, it worked - problem is gone now.
I did nothing - YOU did it! (unless you didn't clear your cache, then it just corrected itself?)
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 180
Joined: February 22nd, 2012, 3:07 pm
Location: Cream Ridge, NJ

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#197 Post by DavidFrankil » August 24th, 2018, 11:58 am

Did nothing on my end - the next time I checked after posting, it was fixed.

The phrase 'from my mouth to God's ears' comes to mind - had to be divine intervention.
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 28303
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#198 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » August 24th, 2018, 4:21 pm

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 8:20 am
Struggling with the drag and drop concept for attachments when I am using a tablet. Not sure what I am missing. Help an old guy out please.
Bump
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37565
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#199 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 24th, 2018, 4:29 pm

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 4:21 pm
D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 8:20 am
Struggling with the drag and drop concept for attachments when I am using a tablet. Not sure what I am missing. Help an old guy out please.
Bump
Sorry, I've not tried on a tablet - never have dragged and dropped anything on a tablet, nor split-screen.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29836
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

#200 Post by Neal.Mollen » August 26th, 2018, 7:52 am

I must be doing something wrong. When I post an over-sized picture, I get the same message I did previously. I thought the new s/w was supposed to resize it automatically. And the resizing option doesnpt exist any longer. So what am I doing wrong?
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”