How I spent my time while WB was down

Thought I would spend some time rearranging and cleaning up my cellar. While reaching for a bottle of Nola’s olive oil near the ceiling, it slipped from my hand and fell. Time seemed to stand still as I fumbled for it while it was falling. It landed in a box of assorted wines. As I looked down toward the bottles of Vajra Bricco delle Viole and Cavallotto Bricco Boschis on the top of the box, I feared the worst. Somehow the olive oil landed on the side of the box, on one little .375 of Larrivet Haut Brion sitting there. It knocked the top right off of the bottle like a saber to a Champagne bottle. Besides that, just some stained labels of Felsina CCR in the bottom of the box. Overall, I was pretty fortunate. Cleaning up a bottle of olive oil sounds like a nightmare. The spilled wine and cellar smell nice.

What did you do?

Watered the yard
Installed new lighting in the stair risers on my deck
Cleaned all the window screens on the house while my Wife cleaned the windows
Blew the leaves off the roof
Put all the ice chests away that we used to store our food when the fridge took a dump on Saturday
Did the Sunday NYTimes crossword puzzle
Picked vegetables
Made a Caprese salad
Cooked dinner
Drank some wine
Jonesed for WB

I saw your note. [cheers.gif]
I thought, why didn’t he sop some up with a paper towel in order to fulfill the tasting part of the wine tasting note. neener

Wow, you kept busy.
All I did was watch the PGA tournament. (I almost never watch golf.)

I wrote a long post about how the old site was better and there should be a way to toggle back to it.

I drove from northern Wisconsin back to Denver. Wife and son flew back so I got to turn up the music to eleven!

[thumbs-up.gif]

Took my kid to college!

Asked Todd if the site was back up yet.

Drank some wine with friends
Walked the dogs
Drove for the first time since my ankle surgery to have a flat tire replaced.

WB was down?

Ended up with a case of acute tendinitis.
9864420E-FC1D-496F-B91E-B798CE9C0425.jpeg

I entered the purchase value of my wines in CT .

Man, you must have been… uh, no, can’t go there.

Ahh, the cone of shame!

Went wine tasting in Eldorado, CA

It seems like there’s some kind of analogy there.

Remind me not to get a flat tire any time soon. I don’t really want ankle surgery neener

1. watched the Turkish lira get taken out to the woodshed on my Thompson Reuters
  2. cried as I glanced at Metsblog.com
  3. cyber stalked CT users and our “wines in common”
  4. stared at the ceiling in my office for a solid 32.5 minutes
  5. cried as I glanced at Jetsblog.com
  6. received 3 mildly passive aggressive texts from my girlfriend because I forgot to take the trash out this morning.
  7. was too “candid” with a director in NY (am fully expecting an email from my manager on that)
  8. considered 17 different times to email Alex at MAC to suggest that I should get a bigger allocation this year- decided that was unwise
  9. drooled for 56 seconds in remembrance of the Cardiff Crack that was BBQ’d on Saturday night (those in San Diego know what I am talking about)
  10. called a couple clients (they still love me, I hope)
  11. took a nap under my desk
  12. researched merits of initiating a new GLD position
  13. bought 4 bottles of 2013 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova BdM
  14. walked around the office and bothered 4-6 colleagues
    There was probably some other stuff as well, but those were the highlights…

You’re in California - shouldn’t you be putting out fires?

Met my family, they are very nice.