PSA: PA state stores now have 2004 Heitz Martha’s @ $59.99

https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=1970618&langId=-1&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&categoryId=1333936&top_category=25588&parent_category_rn=25588&urlLangId=&variety=Red&categoryType=Wines&fromURL=%2fwebapp%2fwcs%2fstores%2fservlet%2fCatalogSearchResultView%3fstoreId%3d10051%26catalogId%3d10051%26langId%3d-1%26categoryId%3d1333936%26variety%3dRed%26categoryType%3dWines%26top_category%3d%26parent_category_rn%3d%26sortBy%3d5%26searchSource%3dE%26pageView%3d%26beginIndex%3d45

LOL. Good luck. Visiting family in Philadelphia and saw this online and called around to a few local stores where the website says it’s in stock. Every time they said somebody grabbed them all like an hour before I called. :angry: And I wasn’t about to drive to far flung places for one bottle that may or may not even be there. Hope you have better luck!

Most got cleared out when it dropped to $79. Still a few stores with over 5 but I’m sure Philly is the hardest area to find them.

It’s not a conventional wine store, it’s a wine museum. You can find some incredible wines there and discounts from time to time, but it is just like an Easter egg hunt. The best thing is that once they set a price on a wine, they rarely raise it. Usually there will be a time when they discount a product that is not moving quickly. In the past 6 months they were heavily discounting Guigal LaLas from somewhat off years. (Fallen out of fashion I guess). The main concern is of course storage issues. If you are selective they will put things like Allemand in a refrigerated wine cave.
It always blows me away to see the highly expensive wines they carry that sometimes are not protected from heat. Then of course there is the staff (sigh!). Often when I get a wine like Dujac the clerks checking me out will stare with an expression of “Have you lost your mind?”.

After all, the Chairman Selection wines are $12.99 in the next bin.

Very true. I always shake my head about the poor storage practices. There are stores with large temperature controlled cellars that i’ll make a longer drive to in order to get properly stored bottles.

The staff is usually terrible like you said. One time a I overheard a guy come in and ask for Caymus and his wife told him it would be in the “fridge”. The staff looked through the white wines in the actual refrigerator and told him they must be out…I pointed him to the Cellar.

Thanks for the heads up - I was able to purchase the last bottle at my local State Store (does anyone call them that anymore?)

Where I come from (Warren, PA), everyone still calls them the State Store.

As of a few minutes ago, there are 38 bottles spread among 11 stores based on the Plcb product search page which I have found to be very accurate. One store has 16 bottles and the rest are mainly ones and twos. A wine with limited quantities that has been deeply discounted ( here more than once) has been on the shelves for quite a while so caveat emptor. If one wants some, a local store can arrange to have the one with 16 bottles ship to your local PA in state location, of course additional heat damage could be likely. A fun game in a store that has one or 2 bottles is called find the wine, but good luck is required.

Closest one to Philly appears to be in Narberth. 1 bottle. And 2 bottles in Doylestown.