Wine rack - 2 deep options

I am looking for a small double deep wine rack and cannot seem to find very many options. Size is limited as it is in a closet (33Wx36H)
I like this one (but they do not ship to the states): Double depth 84 Wine Rack | Ready Assembled - Cranville
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Those look exactly like the racks used inside the Vinotemp. I am sure there is a OEM that makes them somewhere.

Have you thought about making them? NOt sure if your handy at all. That would be a pretty easy & quick build. You could also use heavy duty cardboard tubes and simply stack them - some board members have used them in offsite storage places instead of boxes.

Some friends I once shared a locker with made big racks with tubes. They were mathematicians and had figured out that it was highly efficient in terms of using the storage space. They built a sturdy plywood frame to contain the tubes, and the whole structure was extremely strong. It looked pretty good, and the bottles slid in and out very easily.

use 2 of these Wine Rack Concepts.

I don’t think you will find what you want off the shelf, custom would be expensive given the small size.

The rack in your link is a label killer.

I just bought / installed custom sized racking from Vino Grotto for a closet. Putting together was a feat (long story) but two things to consider: make sure you can either fit the built racking through the closet door or there is enough room in the closet for you to move around while you put together. I succeeded in spite of both considerations…but just barely

Yeah - remember some posts here about buying poster tubes cut to length. For the space could be a very good and cost effective solution.

And easy to adapt to maximize the usage of the space, unlike racks/shelves that are a fixed number of bottles wide.

Yes, that is true and also my first thought. However reality doesn’t always agree due to limited dimensions. Tried it my self. It was hard finding the right tubes, and when I thought I did, the tube dimensions where on the inside not outside.
Also air flow to evenly distribute cool air requires an open configuration.
Still have not found the right solution for the space on top of my rack in my wine fridge.

5-column-double-deep-wine-rack.jpg
https://vigilantinc.com/wine-racks/wine-racks-individuals.php

We purchased most of our racking from vigilant and you can give them the dimensions you want and they will custom build it for you. Not unreasonable on pricing.

Thanks for the help everyone! I am hoping I can convince a friend to help make one if not, I will go the cardboard tube route.

1 Like

Something else to look at is VintageView wine racks that hold bottles on side. Not sure if it would work but it is pretty space efficient.

1 Like

My cellar is double deep coated metal that was specifically fabricated for the space. It was much cheaper than wood and allowed more space as the metal did not to be as thick as wood shelving normally is (1/4" versus 2")