Finally Found A Use For It

The thread about bad purchases got me thinking about wine I have in the cellar that I have no desire to drink. I realized that I need to be more proactive in jetisoning these bottles so they don’t infect the other bottles with their BS. Trim the fat! Cull the heard! Addition by subtraction! Yeah!

So I started this morning by selecting a bottle to gift an intern on his last day of work. He has been a a solid worker and mentioned that he and his ladyfriend enjoy california pinot. So he is getting a bottle of '12 Kosta Browne that came into my possession through a mixed case I won at auction. While it’s not my jam, plenty of there to like for many folks (specifically hard working interns).

Good job!

Give him a goat.

If I lived in LA, I would do so in a heartbeat.

“Not my jam” I see what you did there.

As a general rule of thumb, the Parkerized* reds make outstanding after-dinner Ports, especially with chocolate desserts.

*Was Kosta Browne Laube-ized?

Good thread. Repurposing wine critical. I hate wasting it.
My wife just took a recently gifted bottle of Decoy Cab to a friend’s who loves stuff like that.

I have a large number of occasions coming up to purge some stuff like Shafer OPF and Insignia.

This reminds me of the time I blinded some of my wine friends two bottles of Silver Oak Napa. They loved them. That opinion held until everyone saw what they were, and claimed that they knew better.

Long story short, use these bottles to humble your friends.

YOU SONOFABITCH.

Laube-otomized?

Bought a good bit from Last Bottle last year, some of which should be dumped. But have developed a taste for Sangria and I’m using it for that. Pretty easy, a nice bottle of organic fruit juice, some Cointreau, some mint leaves, a bottle of wine and lots of ice. Goes pretty good with summer foods on a hot day.

When use unliked wine for cooking, sangria, and watering the weeds. I have sold a few bottles to people who liked the style and have taken a few to events where people would not care or could not tell the difference.