Did I Miss Another Joseph Swan Newsletter?

I recently visited the website for Joseph Swan, and noticed that some newer wines were for sale in the online shop.

I can only surmise that a Newsletter was emailed out and I didn’t get it…again. :neutral_face:

I am trying to stay on top of the winery’s Zinfandel offerings, but I am not getting the heads-up.

Could someone please share the contents of the most recent Newsletter?

I don’t think a new newsletter has come out. There’s a link on their website for newsletters, and the latest they show is the spring one:https://www.swanwinery.com/newsletters/spring-2017-newsletter/

1 Like

Don’t think you missed a newsletter and I don’t think you missed any new wines, at least in the last few months. I follow swan closely.

What looks new to you?

Brian, the Spring one is from 2017. In fact, there are two!

Michael, the 2017 “Saralee’s” Gewürtz and the inaugural 2013 “Solas” Pinot Noir just appear unfamiliar to my eyes.

I doubt you have missed anything Drew. The last Newsletter was for Spring releases and emailed 2/28/18. Swan is a really small operation and Rod and Lynn wear lots of hats at the winery.

Second edit: oops went back to my inbox and I was still in looking at my Swan folder.

I have been really bad about doing newsletters lately. I hate writing when I don’t have anything that I think is interesting to say which is a little sad but true. This year marks the wineries 50th anniversary but I haven’t even done a press release. Last year was a tough one, with the passing of friends, the severe labor shortage and resulting difficult harvest, followed by the local firestorms and a little problem with a full barrel of wine jumping off a stack and taking me out for awhile.

If I can get through next weeks bottling unscathed I am going to try and get something done. There actually is quite a bit to talk about! In the meantime, Cody has been sending out periodic emails to the mailing list when we have released new wines.

Thnaks for noticing! I always wonder if anyone ever reads them.

-The Rodfather

1 Like

Thanks for dropping in, Rod!!!

I have found all of the Swan Newsletters to be educational - the historical elements and the geographic knowledge are fun and incredibly enlightening!!

Keep up the good work!

You always have interesting things to say :slight_smile:

Notes are always welcome!!

And see you in a few weeks rod! We reached out to cody and will be coming for a visit friday aug 31!

Michael
I see it on the calendar. Did you know that wisthe date of the RRV Paulée? It is close by this year (Sonoma Cutrer) but I will need to bug out a little early in case you are planning on coming in the afternoon. You should consider going. There are always great bottles floating around. You can check it out at RRVW.org.

I was about to say…at least you can always count on Tom. You did officiate his wedding after all.

champagne.gif

Sorry this fell off - but interesting news Rod! Hopefully we don’t miss you but we will be coming on the later end since we are landing in SFO that morning. Guess we will see, timing wise!