How many allocation lists are you on?

Not sure if there is a thread on this topic (I searched, but didn’t find anything generic enough).

With my inbox getting blown up over the past week with Fall Allocation emails, I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed. Anyone have any good advice on managing these lists/working through selections?
How many allocation lists are you on?
Kistler
Occidental
Williams Selyem
Bedrock
Roar
Alban
Cruse
Failla

• Plus a few others I didn’t actually ask to be on such as Saunter and Sinegal

Can’t forget the Clubs - Hawkes, Montelena, Corison

Anyone else in a FOMO situation?
Thanks!

Christine:

I’m not on as many lists as I used to be. But when I feel FOMO coming on, I will skip an offer. It may cause some anxiety at first, but you learn that life goes on and there will always be another offer coming down the pike.

I frequently use this same strategy when ordering from an online retailer. I let an order sit in my cart for 24 hours. It’s telling how often the itch to buy will have subsided. Similar exercise is spending 20 minutes browsing a favorite wine store, pulling a few bottles and then deciding to walk out without purchasing anything. Very therapeutic exercise!

After dropping off the Monte Bello list last month, none.

Dozens

Same here - Ridge was out last list, dropped in 2014, IIRC. Feels great.

I’m down to 4. Three I plan on staying with and the other is a fav that is getting too pricey for me. Feel free to pass on an allotment. If you want to stay on the list, shoot the winery an email saying you are passing this order but plan on staying on list. Most will be fine with this. If they are not, then you have some choices to make. Most of all do not feel hostage to a list. There is lots of great wine out there!

I’ve been implementing a few pruning rules.

1. Huge price jump/no longer good QPR (for our budget)? gone
  2. ridiculous shipping fees (shipping is necessary evil, but some are unusually high)? gone
  3. wont ship to NJ or wont divulge the carrier (i prefer to avoid ups for wine)? gone
  4. too redudant to another maker i much prefer? gone
  5. bought last year but found the wines meh? gone

None, ever.

Too many and mainly due to the fact that Binnys doesn’t really carry the wines I want to drink in price ranges we agree to.

Not as many as I used to be on. Maybe 4 or 5 now.

I have no idea, but this morning I got 7 offer emails, and 3 yesterday.

Its ridiculous.

A bunch .
Actually buy from ? Very few.

I’m on 16, which is a massive improvement from years ago, but I would like to get this below 10.

SQN, NoK, Saxum, Alban, Carlisle, Bedrock, Lewelling, Pride Reserve, Maybach, Schrader, Rivers Marie, Ceritas, Kutch, Rhys, Marcassin, and Aubert.

found this thread fro 2011

Dang! in 2011 it was 2! :wink:

Ultramarine
Myriad
Bedrock
Carlisle
Dirty and Rowdy
Ridge
Cirq
Sea Smoke
Quilceda

Haven’t ordered from the last 3 lately.

Quilceda Creek, Cayuse, No Girls, L’Aventure, Tables Creek, Auteur, Bedrock, Carlisle, Anthill Farm, Epoch, Aubert, Paul Lato, Rivers-Marie, Kutch, Rhys, Arnot-Roberts, Sandlands, Hirsch, Littorai, Ferren, Ceritas, County Line, Arista, Desire Lines, Beta, Arbe Garbe, Massican…Way too many, but I’m seriously trying to cut back. No longer buy Sea Smoke or Merry Edwards. New policy, if I sign up for a new one, cut two existing.

Still way too many. Skipping several this fall. We’ll see who drops me.

Wow! Such discipline and great advice!

Did you just run out of room? Or stopped being interested?

Too many. Have dropped quite a few, and have cut back total number of bottles ordered from each, but it still adds up.