TN: 2007 Hospices de Beaune Meursault 1er Cru Les Genevrières Cuvée Baudot Jean-Marc Roulot

• 2007 Hospices de Beaune Meursault 1er Cru Les Genevrières Cuvée Baudot Jean-Marc Roulot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (8/5/2018)
    8th bottle of a case nursed on for the last 2.5yrs…every bottle has been in grand shape, some more integrated and showing than others…but all in all a great balanced case! This might be the most vibrant bottle yet. Intense and fresh lemon/lime citrus, 07 acidity evident…almost a crystalline pureness here, with wonderful sappy orchard fruits, some aged honey butter and well integrated limestone chalk and crushed saline rocks. Subtle match strike and pretty floral lime blossoms. I’d say subtlety is the key word here, as everything in this wine is just that. Not the richest, most powerful, complex wine…just one of even keel, and one that tastes of Meursault. Can’t believe how fresh this bottle is??? Super showing! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note Buzz, those Hospice Meursault Genevrieres wines are typically very special. At the Don Cornwell 2008 pre-mox dinner the 2008 Colin-Morey Meursault Genevrieres Hospice de Beaune, received nine of fourteen possible first place votes and a pretty astounding 55 total points. It was the clear number one from the Meursault/Corton tasting that year.

Those vines must be magic, to year in year out produce great wines. I’d love to see Coche vinify the wine one year, can you imagine what that would taste like?

Thanks Mr Buzz, sounds terrific.

Ahh, Buzz—what a wonderful note. My work was well done those 12 or so years ago [grin.gif]

Keep 'em coming. No surprise to me at all that this is still a baby.

Mike

2004 Hospices de Beaune Meursault 1er Cru Les Genevrières Cuvée Baudot Méo-Camuzet

Had this about 5 yrs ago in a line up along with 3 grand crus…still probably the best white burgundy I’ve ever tasted

I had the 2005 vinified by Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey and it was also magnificent. Must be very special vines.

Good to know Jerry. I have one coming in when shipping season comes around.

I started with 18 bottles of the 2005 Hospices Genevrières Cuvée Philippe le Bon (Bouchard Hospices Auction Group) and it is really tough to keep my hands off them. I have only 6 left and every one is better than the last.

Wish I had more than the one 08 that PYCM vinified and which I shared with Buzz and the crew 3 years ago. IIRC, that was my WOTY that year.

Another great bottle(#9)…seems like they’re getting fresher and fresher! Intense brightness in this one…major chalky crushed limestone, honey butter, lime blossom florals, flint strike…great pureness of fruit, and integration…sprinkled with a little Roulot magic! [stirthepothal.gif] How does he do it? [worship.gif]
D947C48D-2A7D-408B-94DE-150245E67FE2.jpeg