Poolside “glassware”

I’ve been seeing lots of ads for the Goverre wine tumbler (it was originally featured on Shark Tank). Anyone try these out yet? I’ve been using SimpleModern I insulated wine glasses throughout the summer and I love them! They fit great in my hand, they really keep your wine cold and are perfect for outdoors. I have a no glass policy in/around my pool (ever since someone kick a glass/it shattered and the shards plopped right into the pool).

My only gripe about the Simple Modern tumblers, is they are not dishwasher safe.

What does everyone else use?

Lots of threads on this topic:

GoVino are ok, but are not dishwasher safe.

We actually most of the time use these giant thick red plastic goblets when outside. They are impossible to shatter and are functional enough for margaritas, wine, fruity kids drinks etc. Despite being supposedly dishwasher safe, they have ever so slightly warped over the years, leaving a Salvador Dali like tilt to their stems. It only adds to their charm.

They sort of look like this, except they have stems, and the flare at the rim is not so pronounced. I’m sure they are the same manufacturer though. They must have been picked up at Target or something.

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Glasses-Goblets-Water-Caspari/dp/B0108RVDLE/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

The majority of the time, we’re not drinking anything serious for poolside quaffing though.

Govino has served us well. Can’t put them in the dishwasher, true, but they wash up easily.

GoVino here.

Anton’s recent thread on Steely’s insulated stainless tumblers seems to be the ticket for outdoor use.

The new ones are dishwasher safe. The also now come in other shapes not just for wine.
DDBDF1AA-C744-4C26-B4C5-70416490EAAE.jpeg

But are they varietal-specific?

White, red and champagne flute.

Don’t have a pool but when I want a non-glass wine drinking vessel, I like GoVino. They work well. I get no plastic smell from them and they have a good shape for wine. I have many of the non-dishwasher older versions so won’t speak to the newer dishwasher safe ones. They get a bit cloudy over time and a few have cracked with age.

If I did have a pool . . . I would likely use Red Solo Cups.

big govino fan here
both the dishwasher safe and the originals
it’s amazing how often i see them being used (shake shack)

Agree. My wife, however, would disagree with Nate about the “ease” of cleaning them.

+1 on GoVino. We wash stemware by hand anyway, so it doesn’t feel like a chore not to be able to use the dishwasher. The shape is way better than goblets. Don’t know about those tumblers (from pictures, shape might work ok – not sure I like metal on my mouth when drinking wine); haven’t seen the Goverre in person, but don’t love the pictures and it’s way more expensive.

– Matt

My buddy buys something from Wine Enthusiast (I think?) and they are great, and can go through the dishwasher (so he says).
I’m seeing him this weekend, and I’ll ask him again.

He buys them off season at a big discount too.

Another vote for GoVino.