WLTV Forums...what happened?

I know it’s probably not popular to speak of other forums here…but what happened? Did the elf finally decide to just close the forums? Or are they going through the upgrades that Todd’s going to get done in 2-4 days here?

If the plug was pulled without notice or warning…I’m not happy.

Apparently an unsavory political opinion was posted and not appreciated. Plug was pulled.

What? One political post and they shut down the forums? Makes no sense.

Would the responsible party please come over and make the same post on the WB politics forum? :slight_smile:

I didn’t know they had a forum. Maybe there just wasn’t enough usage to keep paying for it?

Can’t imagine there is much cost behind it, as the major cost would be server space and OS on the server - that’s likely just paired with their rather large website, so it wouldn’t even register a blip in terms of cost to them.

WLTV?

Wine Library TV…

sniffy sniff… a sad day… :smiley:

It really doesn’t. That seems crazy to me. Oh well.

They were looking for an excuse to pull the plug and this gave them what they needed. No warning or indication that this was happening. No response from WL either, kept saying it was being upgraded.

An alternate board was set up, not associated with WLTV, but most of the same posters.

As was said earlier, if they wanted to pull the plug, so be it. They should have let people know.

Very unfortunate that no one can access it in any fashion as there was a lot of good information posted there over the years that would be great to be able to reference.

Can you characterize what the offending post was (without it becoming inflammatory here)? Was it a single post or post that caused an argument to erupt?

It was advocating the killing of a major US political figure. Not sure if it was in jest or not.

Horrible. Why would anyone want to kill “The Rent is Too Damn High” guy?
01323396-A04C-4362-AD89-731EDFABB64E.jpeg

Okay Fu. Time to close it up!

be easier if you just left the politics forum.

Someone has to take out the garbage.

That’s not good to even joke about…I think they send out those folks in fitted black suits if you do that.