TN: 2007 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières

• 2007 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (7/23/2018)
    Consensus was this was corked. I beg to differ. Yes there was a mustiness on the nose that came and went, maybe more of a wet rock, mixed in with the match strike reduction, as well as the perfumed lemon/lime blossom. I smelled some other’s glasses, and it was more pronounced than mine. I kept a dedicated glass, and the bottle, next to me…and at times the nose showed beautifully. If there was tca, which I will agree there was, it really didn’t show on the palate. Fresh citrus lemon/lime and peach fruit…totally energized with piercing acidity and crushed rocks, with that smoky match strike and a touch of oak waftng. Wasn’t any worse, or any better the next day. I enjoyed the bottle…and now have really high hopes for my last one, if it is truly clean! Checked flawed, but I’d still give it 91pts. :wink: NR (flawed)

Posted from CellarTracker

it was great to see you on Friday! had a blast discussing this, that and any other thing.

wine is about sharing and the pleasure of trying each and every bottle with great company. Six of us thought it was corked, obviously you derived more pleasure from this bottle and got to enjoy (practically) the entire bottle.

ps the Lorraine the next night was a “real” pleasure

Great note… Funny those times when a producer comes across your radar a few times in the same day. When I saw your note, I had just seen a note John Gilman Tweeted with one of the strangest showings for PYCM I’ve seen. Can’t imagine his Genevrieres being all that different stylistically from the Perrieres you opened. Perhaps a flaw in his bottle that he couldn’t identify? FWIW, I’ve never come across a PYCM that showed like his and my premox rate with PYCM is ubjectively less that others.

“Was happy to cross paths with a 2007 white Burgundy without a shred of premox issues- but the wine was not stellar. Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault “Genevrières” was oddly grassy, w/ candied citrus elements, minimal soil & overly-oaked- did not like flavors or balance at all.” @JohnBGilman

buzz’s palate friday night was corked…apparently sat as well.

Structurally open or still tight-knit?

I was looking at a bottle of this the other day!

It was still corked all six times I tried it :wink:

Come on Craig…at least I think I convinced Erik! :slight_smile:
I’ll give you the corked nose guys…but what about the palate? Nothing stripped or off putting there???

It was in the top 10th percentile of corked wines.