TN: Kirkland Brut Champagne NV

Excitement overwhelmed me pulling this from the depths of my cellar. I popped the bottle with sucho gusto. My anticipation rose as I could smell the nose from a foot away. I swirled. I sniffed. I sipped. I stopped. Little did I know a perfect tasting note for this wine already existed.

I will say the tropical note I get are room temp with pits included. YMMV.
9B676519-2A0D-4DE3-A676-EE74ED937DC0.jpeg

I don’t understand.

Neither do I understand.
THAT thread you provide is regarding a CA bubbly.

Jeb, are those bottles Screagle in the background, or is it Charles Shaw? Can barely make it out but it makes a nice backdrop.

Surely you jest?

Similar photo set-up?
Enlighten me.
I’m assuming the Kirkland is from Champagne.
The other is from Sonoma.

I think what Jeb is trying to say here is that he thinks Kirkland Champ is >>> UltraMarine. While I recently had this bottle of Kirkland, and only picked up a little bit of tropical frozen pits, I do see where he is coming from. Even those with a elementary-level understanding of Economics can see that UM has gotten too expensive to actually drink, and must be sold off on winebid. The better question is what will Jeb do with his newly-found small fortune? Buy his entire 5 case allocation of 2017 McDonald? Buy 1 bottle of Juge? Or just spend his days living John Fox’s best life - full of companionship and cheap bubbles. There are no losers here.

me… my plan is to blind some friends on both UM and K-land and see who the winner is. Brown paper bags, the ultimate test of perception vs reality… right Jeb?

Jeb is a modern day Oscar Wilde who wholeheartedly subscribes to the notion that moderation is a fatal thing. That’s why he balls harder than anyone else on this board. For crying out load the guy has stuffed giant pandas in the foyer of his Dallas mansion. WHO DOES THAT???

I’m only up to a 3 case allocation of MacDonald. Sold all my Juge on Winebid to someone in exchange for a few Amazon shares. Living my best life might involve Peking duck and doing the backstroke in Kirkland’s pillow soft Meyer lemon chiffon mousse.

I’m concerned about the recent increase in lemon chiffon mousse consupmtion re: diabetes. The threat is real.
diabeetus.jpg

Night two is even better. That soft pillow became a full bed of mousse, surrounded by servants fanning me and feeding me the finest cheese and grapes. Needless to say, this wine f*cks.

I call it JTT service with a smile.

Looking for a better $20 Champagne. :slight_smile:

Not possible. This is the holy grail of low cost bliss.

Then I know what I’ll be pouring you. Get set for living, Big D.

[resizeableimage=500,600]https://i.imgur.com/dBWhPlZ.jpg?1[/resizeableimage]

Oh, Jeb.

I’ve enjoyed this thread almost as much as I enjoyed meeting Jeb in real life and scaring him with stories of parenthood while we drank wine from some Portuguese grape that grows on vines on top of the sand. In other words, I’ve enjoyed this thread quite a bit.

Also, Corey, I just LOVE to Go Champale.

Yeah, the stories of parenthood, expenses, schools, etc., were enough to scare me away from the idea of children. Made me want to chug Kirkland Champs.

i’m old
i don’t get any of it

Show some class, Corey
F5FF10FA-59C1-4D7B-88B7-4EAC2B947F2D.jpeg