Alban Reva today

Anyone tasted this in barrel or at a tasting ?

Vineyard tour and Barrel tasting at Alban a couple months ago. Down to earth, unpretentious, focus and intention solely on quality. We passed a tiny block of vines and John said ‘that is the Mourvèdre.’ No wonder I had never seen a bottle of the forsythe. I think they are an American gem. The wines are distinctive, fresh, complex and delicious.

Not today.

I would have bought, but not right before Saxum, Carlisle and Bedrock. My budget is only so big.

Love Alban, singular wine, all in!

I love Alban as well. Everything they make. Got the offer yesterday.

That said, I know shipping has gotten more expensive, and admittedly I haven’t done any comparisons, but $58 to ship a single magnum, $84 for two? Really? Has shipping become a new profit center for winemakers?

Not to defend them but I will say shipping has skyrocketed in the past year…

profit center, LOL

They changed this year, shipping for ground is significantly reduced

We should applaud the change, not knock them

As others have said, singular wines indeed. Reva and Seymours are really interesting wines, especially with some age on them. And their Roussanne continues to be one of the best examples of this variety in the ‘new world’, and definitely worth the tariff and laying down for 10+ years.

Are the shipping charges for magnums Air or are they ground? Seems on the upper end of the scale for ground - but perhaps 2nd Day Air?

Cheers

Joined the list a few weeks back and received an offer. I have only tried the Reva once several years ago. I have more experience with Saxum and SQN. I have to think this is in the same realm as those. I have interest on the Pandora as well, anyone tried that?

I just paid $49 for a case ground

Last time i paid $75 for a six pack

So they have significantly lowered the cost. Their wines have not increased for several years so although you would never call Alban a budget wine it is a winery that is treating its customers with respect and not just increasing prices constantly like some of the board loved Napa guys do

Did you get Pandora on this offer ?

Yes, 3 bottles.

What is the pricing on the Pandora vs their Grenache?

Cheers

$160 for the Pandora. My first offer so I am not sure what the price is for the estate Grenache.

Interesting. I would say that in my limited experience with his Grenaches and Pandoras that the Grenache has ‘stood out’ to me more - but perhaps that’s just me . . .

I’m sure there are plenty of others with stronger opinions on this than mine :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Cant pass up a good Grenache. Took the 3 bottles. Look forward to trying one!

Due to cutbacks, i only took the Forsythe.

Definitely an interesting take on Mourvedre, my friend!