2 Days In Napa (Myriad/Quivet/Carter, Pride, Outpost, Realm)

Got away for a nice midweek visit to Napa. Had some wine to pick up at Carter so thought I would head up for a couple of days from the Bay Area. No special notes in particular, just a listing of wines we tasted. Mostly correct I think, though the Myriad/Quivet ones I am a little fuzzy on remembering. More than anything, this is just a shout out to Leah at Myriad/Quivet, Dan at Carter, Becky at Pride, The woman at Outpost (Sara??), Ashley at Realm for taking such great care of us. All of these wineries I would highly recommend visiting if you have never been. It was a very quiet time in Napa, even on Sunday when we arrived. I think the County Fire is keeping people away. Though I never smelled smoke and the sky was blue even up on Howell Mountain. Super hot though with a nice breeze on Howell and Spring Mountains. Had dinner at Goose and Gander on Sunday with a 2008 Outpost True Vineyard Cab and Monday ate at Farmstead with a 2007 O’shaughnessy Mt Veeder Cab. Both delicious and ready to go.

Here is what we tasted. There were some whites too, but don’t really drink them, so didn’t note what they were.

2016 Myriad Napa Cab
2016 Myriad Round Pond Vineyard Cab
2016 Quivet Pellet Vineyard
2016 Carter Cellars Carter Cab
2016 Carter Cellars Three Kings Cab

2016 Pride Merlot
2016 Pride Syrah
2016 Pride Vintners Select Cab
2016 Pride Vintners Select Merlot
2015 Pride Reserve Cab
2 different Pride barrel samples, forget which plots

2016 Outpost Zin
2016 Outpost Cab

2008 Realm “The Tempest”
2010 Realm “Falstaff”
2015 Realm “The Bard”

From what I remember, the Myriad Round Pond, Carter Carter, Carter Three Kings, Pride Reserve and Realm “The Bard” were my highlights. Would have like to have tried the Outpost Grenache, but sadly they do not provide tastings of it.

It was my first time trying Realm wines and was impressed with the wines, the art work and what they are creating with their new space. Decanter was there doing tasting/rating which was interesting to observe. It will be hard to clear space to fit them in with purchases, but will get it done somehow as they are worth it.

Now more pain with the Saxum, Rivers Marie and Lillian releases coming next week…