Why Doesn't Riedel Have A Dedicated Glass For Nebbiolo?

Anyone know ? Thanks.

In a few of their lines they have a “Pinot/Nebbiolo” glass.

Try actually reading the box from Riedel. As noted above, their Pinot stem is also for Nebb

I’m fully aware that Pinot Noir glasses are most often used for Nebbiolo The question is: why doesn’t Riedel have a dedicated glass for Nebbiolo? Thanks.

Perhaps ask Riedel.

Maybe, even their own marketing dept rolls its eyes and has to draw the line somewhere [wow.gif]

Yeah. Because there’s still a degree of sanity in the world.

I took advantage of the Barney’s sale and got some Vinum XL Cabernet stems for $10 each. The brochure included shows 153 different glasses, 12 of which are labeled as Burgundy or Pinot Noir. Only 3 of the 12 mention Nebbiolo, all on their lower end lines. I want a Sommeliers Nebbiolo glass!

May be you could help them design one for the new paradigm [wink.gif]

Maybe Nebbiolo drinkers are too smart to fall for it? neener

The easy answer is likely lack of demand.
but…
What features would you want that would differentiate it from any other Pinot/Burgundy glass? I drink a heckuva lot more nebb than Pinot and I’ve always been satisfied with Burgundy glasses.

I don’t know why I find this thread so funny.

We are indeed the elite. Unlikely to fall for that type of BS.

It’s always funny when entitled wine snobs complain that they are not sufficiently entitled.

Just doing my part to make America great again.

Threads like this are why I love this board :wink:

In this age of inclusiveness, Riedel seems to be discriminating by avoiding Italian varietals. Untapped market for glasses for Nebbiolo and Sangiovese.

Good wine tastes good in a Solo cup, bad wine tastes like crap in whatever cup it’s served in. Wine glasses overrated

Riedel doesn’t have a glass for Nebbiolo because by the time the wine is ready, the glass will have snapped off at the stem.

I think this is what they would use in Piemonte. Maybe it didn’t fit their brand image. [snort.gif]