TN: 2016 Leon Gold Trollinger Alte Reben (Germany, Württemberg)

Popped this on Sunday. Fun wine. From Lyle. Kinda wish I had loaded up more than I did.

• 2016 Leon Gold Trollinger Alte Reben - Germany, Württemberg (7/1/2018)
    Man, this stuff is great. A perfect red for hot summer nights. Pure red cherry fruit that is light on its feet. Just bright fresh fruit. Low tannins. Easy drinking. Light bodied. Fun, fun, fun. Ripe Gamay-like for reference.[/i]

Posted from CellarTracker

Just got four of these in. Will be fun to try!

The few Trollingers I’ve had were all light and fruity, fun wines. I drank my 2015s of this bottling quickly.

We just opened a 2015 Leon Gold Cabernet Sauvignon the other night, it was incredibly primary. Finished it last night after 4 days and it still wasn’t really integrated. Interested to see where that one goes.

I’m interested to try more from Gold. Interesting stuff so far.

These are drink now and enjoy wines all the way. Mine won’t survive summer. It’s so hot here, I generally avoid red wines June-August. This one works in the heat. Put a little chill on it and enjoy.

Sounds like a classic ‘Greg’ wine to me

The German Trollingers I’ve had have been pretty little quaffers. I find the SudTirol Schiavas much more serious reds.
Tom

Dennis,

funny, just opened 2015 Gold “Beinstein” Zweigelt two days ago, I loved the freshness and purity of the fruit. And no kitsch!

I also strongly recommend the Rieslings from Leon Gold. Really great Rieslings.

Lyle Fass has them all. http://www.fassselections.com

Cheers,
Martin

Yep. Lyle is my guy here, too. Thanks for the heads up on the Zweigelt. Thought about grabbing some of those, perhaps I will. Cheers.