What are you drinking? July 4th edition

I’m all about rose with my BBQ. Set aside a 16 and 17 Tercero, 17 Bedrock and will also dig into a sparkling, perhaps Paul Bara Brut rose

Too stinking hot here to even think about it…

Beer or ale then

Rosé of Pinot Noir from Oregon.

Copious IPAs.

Under The Wire 2013 Brosseau Vineyard Sparkling Pinot Noir Chalone

Chantereves St. Romain Blanc 2016.
Probably some Rose too.

Zinfandel on July 4, always; this year a Ridge Pagani with barbecue. Vegas weather is seasonally mild, around 105-107 and 112 for the weekend. Perfect zin weather.

Fluteau Cuvee Symbiose 2008, followed by maybe a Dirty & Rowdy unfamiliar or Tercero aberration for the bbq!

1996 Vilmart Cuvee Creation and 2016 von Winning Kirchenstuck GG

Has to be a French wine, for - without them - the United States would not be here. With the weather as hot as it is, something a little lighter today.

Bourbon shots and Tecate

Started out with Froze made with JL Jamet Rose de Syrah and followed that with FroBurg made with Harmand-Geoffrey BR… Sometimes you have to think outside the box…
46C8E30D-0BC1-4EAF-BB43-14AE9CF802F4.jpeg

Someone earlier said Zin so I went with that. So far we have a Bedrock OVZ 16 and Schramsburg Brut rose 14 opened. The Bedrock is tasting mighty fine. Will prob pop a rose for the hot dogs

Have a crew coming over, so all mags:

2009 Gimmonet Blanc de Blancs Fleuron
2007 Arcadian Sleepy Hollow Chardonnay
2017 Tercero Rose Camp Four Vineyard
2010 Scherrer Halberg Pinot Noir

Have a great 4th every one!

2011 Epoch Tempranillo (Paderewski Vineyard) MAG, 2009 Karl Lawrence Beckstoffer To Kalon, 2013 Roy Piper Cab with family.

Perrier Jouet Belle Époque 2006

Started with bottomless bloody marys; now walking 4 miles to the Modern Times tasting room . . .

Crux Pilsner with lunch
Later today, 2017 Kelley Fox Freedom Hill Pinot Blanc and perhaps some beer

My aunt & uncle we’re up visiting from Florida…so it was time for something a little special.
6B39B2B3-82F6-41C6-B485-F26EE3B32E97.jpeg

Ridge and ribs. The perfect marriage. It’s been the choice for 15 years now.