TN: 2013 Domaine Bertheau (Pierre et François) Bourgogne

• 2013 Domaine Bertheau (Pierre et François) Bourgogne - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (6/28/2018)
    Bertheau is the essence of femininity and elegance…transparent and typicity. The most beautiful red headed woman you’ve ever seen…bright, high-toned red fruits, showing wonderful softness and finesse. The hierarchy of vineyards are true, with the quality top shelf.
    The simple Bourgogne is no slouch…it’s actually the essence of Bertheau…just a lighter version. What once was an easy PnP, is now bitter sweet because they are no longer made. Just a few more left from my cellar…but BOY are they fun! Everything is classic Chambolle Musigny…but subtle and lighter bodied. Pretty redberried fruits, licorice, dried florals, raspberry/strawberry jam, tilled earth…all in a delicate frame and tasty as it gets! An easy entry gateway to the more complex(and more $) crus…a wine I could drink all day, and every day! (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Buzz, thanks for the great note. I could not agree more, but unfortunately I only have 1 left of the '13. Haven’t touched my 14 or 15’s yet, This wine was a regular buy for me… Very sad to hear it will no longer be made. Was '15 the last ? now they will be a little harder to open.

I’ve read 2015 is the last. I love Bertheau. It’s one Domaine I buy a few bottles from every year.

Well, the good news is that there’s plenty of Bertheau. Just not $25 Bertheau.

At times, I find these delicate, subtle, pretty burgs more haunting then the more powerful upper level crus

My favorite Rose’! [wink.gif] What finesse…such a calm and peaceful wine…love it!