2016 Saxum offering

Surprised there has been no mention of the recent Saxum offiering. I’m a hard core Napa Cab guy but always a buyer of Saxum for something different.

Your next offering from Saxum Vineyards will begin Tuesday, July 17, 2018 and will be held until Monday, July 30, 2018 (magnums will be sold first come, first served). We invite you to place an order online between July 17th and 30th. After July 30th we cannot guarantee the wines will be available for purchase.

If you have questions or are unable to place an order online or over the phone during that time, simply let us know by replying to this message.

Enjoy the early days of summer!
Justin and Heather Smith

The offering will include our 2016 James Berry Vineyard ($98) and 2016 G2 Vineyard ($98). Our 2016 Terry Hoage Vineyard ($98) may be offered as wish a request item.

Click here if you would like to receive a text notification when an offering from Saxum Vineyards becomes available.

Just a heads up for those of you with deep cellars, the 2008, 2009 and 2011 vintages are drinking really well right now. But no hurry, they also still have years to go!
On July 17th you will receive an email around 9 am PST with Justin’s release letter and a link to purchase your allocation online. To ensure delivery to your inbox we recommend clicking on the “Add to address book” link at the bottom of this email. We also recommend logging into the members page of our website to ensure your email, billing, and delivery information is current.

info@saxumvineyards.com
2800 Willow Creek RdPaso Robles, CA 93446-9696

Almost 6-1/2 years on the waiting list now… Since prices are already right at my max, probably won’t matter anyway. [cry.gif]

Does anyone know when they’ll be releasing the Downstream cuvée?

Saxum prices have held steady over the last four years that I’ve been a buyer and include shipping.

Very interesting. I was unaware of it. I like Cambie wines and I love Saxum. I’ll have to see what the combination brings. I guess I’m going to have to clear out some more room in the overstuffed seller. Have to drink some more older vintages.

Anyone passing please pm me.

First I’m hearing of it too. It will be sold under the Saxum label? Pretty cool!

Seeing the rise in Napa pricing, these are an easy buy for me. I think they offer both early and late drinking enjoyment at a better price point.
How about the 2015 Rocket Block magnum?

A magnum of our extended age 2015 Rocket Block, 1.5 L ($296) will be included in your offering but it will be sold first come, first served. The 2015 Rocket Block was bottled exclusively in magnums because we produced a meager 130 cases of this beautiful wine.

OY VEY, AUBERT IS THE DAY BEFORE !

Can you drink these on release? I am 61 no more waiting for wine to be ready.

Joel, I’ve been buying Saxum for years. These wines have a long drinking window, which begins as soon as the wine hits your doorstep.

Oh you young kids. I am a buyer at 66. You have to wait 6 months after shipping because he ships right after bottling, but after that, it’s all about palate preference.

I have not been buying magnums of anything recently, due to storage space issues, but if that’s the only way to get the 2015 Rocket Block, then I am in!

+1

I had a 2010 Bone Rock Mag two weeks ago. I’m glad I opened up one magnum of storage space for the Rocket Block. I missed out on the first come, first serve 2005 Rocket Block because I was in a meeting when it was released and it was gone in minutes. Not a mistake I intend to make again. The chairman of the board of the bank will just have to wait. You have to keep your life in perspective.

I love Saxum but how the hell does the Fall release get earlier and earlier, now its pre 4th July, within a few years it will be pre Memorial day !!

Cough, its after the 4th of July.

But not the notice !!!

Good to know, now I just have to get them to sell me some.
I didn’t even get my usual rejection email this year.

I tasted this out of barrel back in November with Sasha (quick disclaimer: he’s a good friend of mine) and my immediate reaction was f&!# me, that’s good!
I would highly recommend buying some if offered. I believe the plan is to offer it in a box with 750’s and a magnum.

Back to the original topic, extended aged Rocket Block magnums? :astonished: