TNR 2011 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons

Anyone try this yet? Haven’t heard much about the 2011 vintage in Champagne. TIA.

2011 is the shittiest Champagne vintage in a long time. I would not spend the money.

Good to know, thanks. Saves my a little dough for other stuff.

How about the 2013 L’Esprit? Or 2013 in general.

• 2011 Pierre Péters Champagne Grand Cru Cuvée Speciale Blanc de Blancs Les Chetillons - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (3/19/2020)
    This was really beautiful for an “off vintage year” it still had all the class & elegance I have come to expect from Pierre Peters. This has vivid notes of lemon, green apple, and quince with high acidity and a layered complexity that continues to unfold with time in the glass. Scents of chalk, sea spray, lemon, and baguette on the nose. This is excellent juice, from a great producer, in a tough year. I’m glad that I still have one bottle left to check in on later. Outstanding!

Posted from CellarTracker

The 2011 is precise and direct. Lovely Champagne.

The 2011 Chetillons is a very good bottle of wine and a top notch 2011, but the 2013 L’Esprit is better. 2013 is a great vintage for Cote de Blancs Chardonnay. 2011 is much more difficult unless you really waited for ripeness.

hi Brad, any thoughts on the Chetillons ‘13 if you feel the L’Esprit ‘13 put on a strong showing? and in the context of following the strong ‘12 vintage

thanks as always!

Leonard,

I have only tasted the Chetillons from 2013 as separate still wine parcels so I can’t say much more other than it showed really good promise back in 2014. I’m not sure if the 2013 Les Chetillons has been officially released yet or not. I originally was going to spend most of the next two weeks in Champagne and would have tasted this wine at that time, but I’m obviously not going to France with the current environment we are in. I’m not sure when I will get a chance to taste it, but I would buy it blind in quantity based on the vintage, producer, vineyard, and other 2013 wines I have had from Peters. Rodolphe prefers his 2013s to his 2012s. The Cote des Blancs is strong in 2013 and a majority made a better wine in 2013 than 2012 (some made no vintage wine in 2012 due to reduced crops). If there is a weakness to 2012 it is the Cote des Blancs Chardonnays and even then, it isn’t a real weakness.