Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen Closing

Another one bites the dust.

We lost Terra a couple of weeks ago. And now its neighbor, Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen, is closing on July 7. Unlike Terra, that closed because they could not find enough staff at a reasonable price… Cindy’s got bought out. Technically, her building did, which I guess she owned. Got an offer from a “local” for a price she could not refuse.

Am I gonna miss that place. Great stemware, best meatloaf I’ve ever had, fries made in DUCK fat, and a great duck burger.

pileon

Dick fat sounds interesting.

OMG!!! Lol. Fixed. [rofl.gif]

Bummer to hear this as I’ve always wanted to try it as a long time fan of Mustard’s.

We had a great meal at Mustard’s Grill last week and ran into Bill Harlan! Food and service were excellent. The lemon and garlic chicken for main and the lemon-lime tart for dessert were both fire!

Wow ! That’s gotta hurt ! [wow.gif] [wow.gif]

Does a Moyal do it ?

Thanks for fixing the ‘cock up’ Roy.

We loved Cindy’s Backstreet; sorry to hear it’s closing. We had several good meals there on visits to the valley, including a memorable dinner with Mike and Leah Smith and some other folks a few years ago. Especially loved that rabbit tostada and the pozole.

Sad to see them go. I thought it was solid (the duck burger was awesome, the rest of the menu was fine), but the location was tough. You almost had to know it was there, and with all that construction going on in that area, the park was a hot, hot mess the last few years.

Maybe, just a slip of the tongue.

A solid and reliable restaurant that’s been around for ages, or at least since I lived in SF in early 2000s.
Always enjoyed the drive for dinner there at St. Helena. I’m sorry to see it go.

Jules is wondering why I’m laughing so hard

Duck fat humor notwithstanding, is there some reason this is in Wine Talk?

I’ve eaten there at least once; good food.

Bruce

How long are those fries?

Perhaps some of the same forces at work increasing cost of Napa grapes: Labor scarcity / cost, real estate prices, and expensive California regulations and taxes.

Napa is a wine region :slight_smile:

Beringer is around the corner, Realm’s old office was right around the corner, and Napa Valley Vintners is down the street.

See, it’s wine related! :slight_smile:

Because Roy Piper started it and he’s a winemaker. Works for me.

5D6FB23A-97FA-4742-993E-5C4EE5BF8E7E.jpeg

Also Fremont Diner …

http://www.sonomanews.com/lifestyle/8479748-181/sonomas-fremont-diner-closes-its

Time to start selling box lunches in Carneros “last food for thirty miles”.

Loved Terra and will miss it. Never had the pleasure of Cindy’s.