TN: 1999 DRC Grands-Echezeaux and Fish Tacos

Crazy story, I know. Proper tasting note after some air…

Dried moss, paprika and dark plum aromas. Palate is 100% tart cranberry with black pepper and light toasted oak foundation.

Some people may be more interested in the fish tacos. They were delicious. :wink:
20180626_172749_HDR.jpg
20180626_172153_HDR.jpg

Lol! Bravo bravo! “How about $40?..NO WAY, how about $20?” :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

You got the wine for roughly 10% of original cost and 1% of current cost. Fish tacos and DRC Grands? It’s nothing till you do chili and La Tâche . . .

Pure awesomeness – thx for posting (and videoing), Brig.

You def need to follow up with the Alan’s chili/La Tache combo.

Paella work? Stay tuned next month. :wink:
20180626_150540.jpg

Sick! Tacos look amazing

Brig…brilliant. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be right over to confirm thy are sound and taste proper. I’ll bring McDonald nuggets

How does one pronounce “Eschezeuax?”

Rhymes with “glue wax?”

Did it have a hint of honeysuckle on the nose?

CRAZY story, and amazing looking tacos.

Well, I certainly wouldn’t pay more than $20 for a “Grands Eschezeuax.”

Bruce

Okay okay… I spelled it incorrectly. I guess only iPhone auto corrects DRC wines, not poor Android users. neener

Grands-Echezeaux

My belief is that when you drink a deceased person’s wine, and reflect upon their life, you are actively blessing them.

Wow… that is an incredible deal and a great story to go with it. I’m sure your friend’s loved one would be happy to know that his wines went to someone who would enjoy them.

I think a situation like this is about the only way I’ll ever be able to afford any kind of DRC—either that or winning the lottery. I’m not sure which situation is more realistic. :slight_smile:

I loved the video tasting note by the way - I’d love to see more people do that!

Awesome job, Brig!!!

Love this Brig - Digging the video tasting note!

And a really nice story…and of course…a silly good deal!