PSA: Ridge

Kl just uploaded an immense amount of older Ridge right around release price.

Holy crap, what a stash!

Thanks for the heads up Michael. Grabbed a few bottles for backfilling.

One of the wines I ordered, '00 Geyserville, is already gone. Hopefully, I got one of the last remaining bottles.

There’s a bunch of older August Wests and a few other things that must’ve come from the same collection, too.

Yes, Michael, thanks for the tip!

Thanks… Picked up a few Pagani Ranches
Geezers were gone!

Glad you guys were able to get some stuff! I’m running out of space at the moment and don’t need the temptation :wink:

FYI - at least as of now it’s all Zin, Petite Syrah, Blends, etc.

Those hoping to score an older Estate Cab are SOL.

I’m not sure if there ever was any Estate Cab or similar wine as part of this sale. I just checked, including out of stock items, and nothing shows up.

I never found the sale items. I searched for Ridge and got mainly new releases, mainly at normal retail prices. Obviously I wasn’t looking in the right place

I just searched on “Ridge Vineyard” and the list appeared. I then filtered on “price ascending”.

Thanks Michael for the heads-up.

Saw many wines with just a single bottle available.

Picked up some Geyserville, Pagani Ranch, and York Creek zins with some age on them.

Tom

The ones referenced could also be found on the “New Product Feed” link from their home page.

http://www.klwines.com/productfeed

That link was a horrible discovery on my part, at least for my bank account.

Was 1999 a good year?

1999 Ridge Vineyards “Monte Bello” Santa Cruz Mountains Cabernet Sauvignon, Current Bid: $388.00

76 montebello was 199. Deal!

Uh, no Charlie, unless you want to display it for the bottle being full and having the label. On the old eRob site and before that on the even older WCWN site I used to post about the '76 MB. The wine was much ballyhooed for getting three puffs in the old Connoisseur’s Guide but shortly out of the gate, it was evident to all it was a dud. The hot drought year produced a raisiny hot out of whack wine.

You guys did some work on the ridge. I also saw that they posted a bottle of the Alvear 2011 PX if anyone is interested, a little pricey but RP100 for those who care about that.

Most recent note on CT seems good

4/22/2016 - BORENSTEIN05 LIKES THIS WINE: 94 Points
40 years old and this wine was still amazing. No signs of Bricking or browning in the glass. After an hour of sitting open the wine displayed amazing depth for its age. Smooth and satisfying. The quintessential old Cabernet nose. Great wine for its age.

Wanted to say, I appreciate these PSAs. Unfortunately K&L doesn’t ship to any of the three states where I can receive wine, but I have bought based on several “tips” Berserkers have posted. Keep it up! [cheers.gif]