2014 Shafer Hillside Offer

$295/$600

What say you?

I am not currently in country. Hoping that my six pack is guaranteed through next week.

I’ve never had an issue with Shafer selling out of HSS in the past. I generally order late in July, beating their August 1st deadline, but not by much. I may rethink this strategy next year, when the 2015s are released, but I would think Shafer would let us know if there are issues due to the presumably reduced yields in 2015.

I’m in. Always consistent.

Moderate price increase. $10/bottle on the 750’s and 5 bucks on the Mag.

First come first served with the following:

1. We suggest that you make your purchase for this new release wine by or before August 1, 2018.

$295…Boom!

I don’t recall what the price was last year…might have been $275 or even $285…but $295 got my attention.

Perhaps they want to thin the ranks a bit for lower allocations in 2015, though they will sell through…always do.

Suspect this will be seen for less at retail…time will tell.

$285 last year, and $595 for the mag …

$260 on winebid plus fees and shipping is about $325 each so… through Shafer direct and shipped to my home was $300 even

The 2013 is on the shelf here for $259.

As much as I’ve enjoyed Shafer HSS in the past, I’m drinking down my inventory rather than buying at these price levels. Your mileage may vary.

Bruce

$295 - $1 shipping charge.

Yeah but not all shelves are created equal

Yup

True Dat. But this shelf is inside a refrigerated, glass case.

I’m getting the same mileage as Bruce here.

One of my favorite cabs but just not buying at this price.

On the fence on thiis. Been a buyer for many vintages now. I set $300 as my jump off point from Shafer so I guess I’ll still buy one or two to stay on the list.

I’m still waffling. If I end up buying any, it will probably have to be a late night impulse buy…

The good thing about the price of this wine is that in ten years it will be double. At which point I will be 60 and can then claim that at $600 per bottle, and having ten years of inventory like everyone else on here, I will say too much for me, I’m out. And still be drinking them.