Keller morstein auslese?

In case any Riesling experts might have any leads…

I bought this half bottle of 2013 Keller morstein auslese, from Wally’s in LA. They had 2 listings, one for the auslese and another for an auslese “Julia.”

https://www.wallywine.com/2013-keller-ries-auslese-westein-morstein-julia-375ml.html

The label has no difference, the only distinction appears to be the band below, “product of germany,” that is only on the “Julia” cuvee but not on the regular auslese. The word “Julia” itself is not mentioned on the label. I couldn’t find anything on CellarTracker, only a Goldkapsel (for what it’s worth, the “Julia” bottling doesn’t have a gold-colored capsule) besides the regular auslese. Does anyone have any experience with this cuvee? The staff at Wally’s on a recent visit had no clue. Would appreciate any leads, thanks!

No idea. But as I’m sure you know Julia is KPs wife.

I saw that for sale as well. I didn’t see it in CT, WS or on Keller’s site. Keller has a cuvée for their son Felix but it is on the label. The G-Max (if I recall) is short for their great grandfather and their son Max so their protocol does seem to mark it as such.

just for the record there exist no Auslese “Julia” at the estate Keller.

In 2013 we have a 0,375l Morstein Auslese (black capsule) and a Auslese GK (golden capsule)

Maybe the dealer wrote it as Julia, the wife of KP, as she takes particular care of the botrytis at the estate.

Thanks everyone for the responses. To be clear, “Julia” isn’t printed anywhere on the bottle so unclear why the retailer listed it separately, but either way after some back and forth I think I might be able to resolve the issue for my purchase, at least. Good to have clarity on the bottlings, that there was only the regular auslese and the goldkapsel. Either way, hope to try the regular auslese soon

Check the AP number. Same number same wine.

Curiously, did the retailer have any explanation how they seemed to include Julia’s name when not described anywhere in literature or marked as such?

Not really an explanation for why it was called Julia in their system, but I was able to compare the two bottles side by side – they’re the same wine, same AP number, just different importers. Looks like they acquired two different lots at different times, possibly one by auction, hence the different listings and pricing. Once we figured out the issue, they were good about making up the difference.