Three Twins Ice Cream & D'Yquem

I dig Three Twins ice cream, it’s my house favorite for a few years now. It’s made in Nor Cal, organic, spot on flavors. You can buy it in most good stores and if you fly through SFO, you can grab some from their small store in the Delta terminal. It’s a pain if you use United, as you gotta exit and re-check to the Delta side, but the ice cream is bonkers good and I always find time to grab a mound of the Milk Coffee when I am there, as I was this past Friday coming back from Boston.

I went onto the site today to see if I could do a tour of their factory in Petaluma later this summer but they don’t allow it (guess I need to know somebody important [swearing.gif] ). But, in snooping around, I found that they have some upscale gifts you can purchase if you want to spend some bling, the kind that Alf Jr. has floating around in central Florida sofa cushions at his estate.

For $3,333, you can get a Three Twins sundae, topped with D’Yquem, along with an unnamed TBA and 1960s vintage Port. If you click this link, you can see the gift. 10% is donated to charity so Alf Jr. would feel good about that, I am sure.

http://shop.threetwinsicecream.com/

I knew I should have rifled through his couches…

Fun fact: founder/CEO Neil Gottlieb was on Survivor in 2016.

The Wine House, in Los Angeles, used to do a wine and junk food tasting on April 1, many years ago. I went to a couple of them. At one, they served Baskin Robbins French Vanilla ice cream with the then current 1980 d’Yquem. It was a great match.

You just had to spoil the surprise, didn’t you? Now I have to find something else for your birthday.

You can also have yourself flown out to Tansania with your ice cream and then carried up Mount Kilimanjaro in order to raise awareness for global warming. At least your souvenir t-shirt is made of organic cotton. And the ice cream is organic as well. smh

That was awesome. Still laughing out loud.

Enjoy a decadent banana split made with syrups from three rare dessert wines (a 1960s vintage port, a Chateau D’Yquem and a German Trockenbeerenausiese). It’s served with an ice cream spoon from the 1850s and > comes accompanied by a cellist performance> . One-third of the purchase price will be donated to a local land trust.

Alf is all over this, always wanted to have Todder come over to perform!

I call mine a Monday instead of a sundae…

Bruce

Mon-e-day