Drinker or Taster

How would you describe your drinking habits, pick most applicable

• I only imbibe to taste and enjoy the tasting experience
  • I like to taste but i also like a little drink as well
  • I taste but i like a lot to drink, but tasting and wine impressions are important
  • I taste but then i just like to drink without any other concerns
  • Dont care about tasting im drinking just because i want to drink

0 voters

Friday Poll, pick most applicable

None of the above.

Shocking! [wow.gif]

Well the grammar is not correct in the closest option, so I cannot vote.

Correct grammar and spelling from Eden? You’re asking for a miracle.

This thread [rofl.gif]

“Sheamus O’Toole. Bobby O’Shea. I’m ready to get DRUNK!”

If it was correct you would have nobody to make fun of !!

As previously discussed my granma sucks and thats that

Only drink wine to enjoy the tasting experience. That is what got my vote. That said, there are certainly occasions when inebriation enters the picture. I never set out to get drunk, but there are times when I know that is probably going to be involved, and that does not necessarily prevent my participation.

Pretty crass comment about your grandmother. Shame!

Both been dead for twenty years so i doubt that they will mind

I enjoy the tasting experience immensely. I’d be lying, though, if I didn’t also like the feeling of warmth and relaxation that comes with a glass or two of wine or a couple of beers or a nice scotch. I almost never have more than one or two glasses of wine at a time, with big tastings or a random Friday after a rough work week or at a dinner with friends. I get drunk only very, very rarely now as with three kids there is no “sleeping it off” and a 6:30 wake up call no matter what. Grailey’s and endless “tastes” is typically a culprit on those rare occasions.

But the enjoyment of the bevy is the real focus. I’ll often abstain rather than drink awful juice at some event. I’ll not drink crappy scotch and haven’t had a well whiskey in more than a decade. If it doesn’t taste good, I’m really not interested. Don’t need it. Some call it snobby, but I’m not drinking for the purpose of getting buzzed, and so if it doesn’t taste good, I don’t see the point.

I never have more than two glasses at a time because I don’t have a third hand.

That was awesome! This and the ‘Bobby O’Shea’ comment. Well played!

I prefer the experience of leisurely enjoying the taste and aroma of a glass or two and how it evolves over time. Ideally, if the inebriating effect of the alcohol could be removed without affecting the taste, aroma, or balance I would drink more.

I used to enjoy tasting more when I was finding my way to the wines I liked. Now the short amount of time spent with each wine and the work of analyzing it is less appealing.

+1

I’m in it for the alcohol

Not sure if this response is exactly to the intent of the original post but I’m not a big fan of “tasting” wine. For example if you gave me the option of tasting small pours of 10 vintages of DRC vs drinking 1 great bottle of DRC over dinner I would pick the later pretty much every time.

I am respectfully -1.

I like the fact that the alcohol limits how many/much wine I taste. I am appreciative of the limited window.

I also can’t imagine wine as a non-alcoholic beverage!

Same goes for beer, tequila, scotch, etc. my respect for their nature, attributes, and power are part of the experience.

Anton, I suspect that your appreciation is the more common one, and I can understand it. There are times when I feel the same way. But more often, I’d like another glass but take a pass due to the alcohol.