$30K a month on Wine? Insulting!

Johnny Depp Says His Manager’s Claim He Spent $30K on Wine Is ‘Insulting’: ‘It Was Far More’

I’ll be using this next time my wife tells me I spend too much on wine…

What it said:

Depp claimed in his initial complaint that his managers’ negligence had cost him millions, but in their response, TMG painted him as a compulsive spender who blew his $650 million fortune on mansions, yachts, cars, collectables and booze.

What it should have said:

Depp claimed in his initial complaint that his managers’ negligence had cost him millions, but in their response, TMG painted him as a compulsive spender who > spent most of > his $650 million fortune on mansions, yachts, cars, collectables and booze, > and the rest he squandered> .

Read that full Rolling Stone piece yesterday. That dude is not well.

Read it this morning. I wish I had some sympathy for him but I don’t. He had a great run and blew it.

I didn’t read the full article but from what I read it seems like he could liquidate a whole bunch of assets and dig himself out a bit, but he is living in way too much denial to do so. Oh well.

You don’t need a Rolling Stone piece to know that dude is not well

I bet he can make at least another 100 million and blow that too.

I wonder if he has already blown his brand. The Pirate schtick seems played out, so what if anything is next?

$650 million??? Really?

Here’s the RS article. It’s long.
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/johnny-depp-lawsuit-marriage-w521671

I read somewhere his daily drinkers are first growth BDX and red burgundy. There was a picture of him with a DRC. Can’t find it now.

His most current gig on TV:

LnoumTpLMfk

Sauvage is the fragrance for the man who doesn’t know what he wants, but he knows he wants to drive out to the middle of oil country and bury his necklace…

Bruce

Red wine with Pad Thai???

I read somewhere that he is being paid $5M for this gig. Not too shabby.

That ad is over 3 years old. He may have gotten 5 mil for it but I doubt if he is still getting that.

He will soon be available as captain jack sparrow for birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, and corporate events.

Wish he’d been a customer the last 10 years.

I was at a wine store years again where I thought I was a major player. Owner was working one on one with me and, suddenly, he looked up and said, “I gotta go help that guy,” and I responded, “but you’re helping me.” He retorted, “yeah, but that guy spent over a million in the store last year.”

Not sure what magazine it was in but his financial problems and lawsuits against his former agency(-ies?) were in the news at least a couple of years ago. He bought boats, islands (maybe just one) and all sorts of stuff and it got to the point where they were telling him he would have to crank out at least two $20 million roles per year for years to come and have shit like that stupid cologne ad to supplement just to cover his debt. He didn’t believe them and kept it up. Then claimed he was given poor financial advice. Can’t remember if he claimed they stole from him as well but probably. You think Robert Downey, Jr. looks at Depp and thinks, “Yeah, dude, I kicked your ass.”?

I find it odd how many look to such drug (and wine) addled celebrity egoists to tell them what to think.