MASSIVE site overhaul (finished!!!) THANK YOU!!!

Folks,

We’ve grown so much over the years, and yet we’re still operating on outdated forum software, as I’ve had so many customizations over the years that it was impossible to upgrade to the newest versions. I’m going big and amending all those customizations so that I can keep this software at peak performance, and because we have one of the largest forums (2.4million posts) of any running this software, it’s a big undertaking.

I’ll keep folks updated on this thread when we know timing, as it will be important to have announcements of the downtime that will result. We’ll probably be completely down for 24-48 hours because of the size of our database, and all the final development and design of the new site will be done on a ‘ghost’ site to make sure it is correct before going live.

Know that we’ll have a more feature-rich forum when it’s all done, as I haven’t been able to offer the newest features of this software without upgrading it overall. I’ll be changing up the BerserkerBusiness program, and hopefully setting up some really advanced features that can include shopping quick-links (for non-Subscribers, most likely). I’ll be upgrading everything from the TLS to the software to the server OS, so we’ll start our 11th year bigger, badder, and better than ever!!!

Awesome! Thanks for your dedication Todd. I know how big a job these upgrades can be.

A+++ rating

48 hours?!?!

I know, and that’s assuming there are no issues! That’s why I’m giving as much warning as possible. Perhaps various WB support groups can form in major metropolitan areas to help with the coping.

If you really want to impress us, do a huge overhaul and make The Wine Advocate pay for it!

Plan to take the better part of a week off.

That sounds like a GREAT idea!!!

[berserker.gif]

Good news. Love this site and the community, thanks for all the work to keep it going.

[thumbs-up.gif]

I am pretty sure that the CT-posting will break. Let us know what we need to do and if there is a way for us to test…

Of course, you’ll be on the short list for immediate integration!

I never cared for the Flyertalk upgrades, but they always turned out for the best.

Will it work with Edge?

As my parents (and many Midwesterners) like to say…‘change is bad’.

Poll posted here on two possible designs: https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=152219

Terrific. Something political will happen, and we’ll have no place to gripe about it for 2 days.

How massive is it?

A.L.L.

C.A.P.S.

For realz, that massive