TN: 2006 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne (France, Champagne)

Not that the board needs another TN on this one, but it keeps firing. We drank this outside on a sweltering night in Charleston and it still shined, like my forehead from all the sweat. We carried this in to TU ($25) the eclectic new hipster place from the Xia Bao Biscuit crew. Get to TU if you are in Charleston!

• 2006 Taittinger Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Comtes de Champagne - France, Champagne (6/18/2018)
    Again, I get the topical fruits and rich, honeyed fruit on the nose. This nose is still like young Raveneau Montmain to me, with tropical and citrus fruits and that sense of layered richness. There is brioche and honey on the palate that is broad and loaded with lemon and bread notes that coat the palate. It’s a bigger bodied Champagne, and so still youthful, but so appealing. Works with a wide variety of foods, and the hints of rich fruit actually worked with the couple of dishes that were more aggressively spiced. Love this stuff.

Posted from CellarTracker

I don’t always drink Champers north of a hundred dollars, but when I do, I drink 2006 Taittinger Blanc de Blanc Comte’s de Champagne.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Great note Dennis!

Ha! Applies to me as well. Though Prevost is up there, too. Thanks Dale!

I happened to open one this week and it was glorious. I have been in the camp of sometimes it is glorious and sometimes just above ordinary. Whatever, what a bottle this one was. champagne.gif