What will you be opening for Father's Day ?

I realize Father’s Day is still 3 days away and most have probably not thought about what they will drink for their meal. As it is my day and I will be sharing a feast with my mom who I inherited my gourmand genes from, want to pop open a few special ones. Going to a very nice local dinner buffet with a huge raw bar. Best part is $3 per person corkage.

For starters and with the seafood going to try my 1st btl of 2012 Chartogne Taillet Les Barres

Then for a big red leaning towards either a 2013 Bedrock Exposition or a 2004 Angelus

What are others planning on opening ?

I’m thinking about a Kosta Browne Four Barrel.

66 Leoville Poyferre. Or maybe open this on Saturday.

Whatever my wife and guests want .

Probably a can of worms…

Either a '96 Jadot Clos St Jacques or an '08 Chateau Rayas CdP. If the latter, I’d appreciate suggestions for decanting, breathing, and so on. My first and only.

Will depend on what the Queen Mother decides to cook…or, if we decide to go out for dinner

2009 DP

#lame

Bloody Mary’s non-stop, starting at 10:30!

:wink:

Whatever goes with the food I make.

Probably a rich Riesling, as I am planning a Thai curry.

Peter Michael 2009 Belle Cote

Roy Piper 2013

Oysters and Flannery Steak

I have to work, so…perhaps a can of whoop ass!

Great idea-you’re alright Bobby!

Lisa is making rack of lamb…so…it will be red, and from Bordeaux…need to figure out which…

Ah, lamb and Bordeaux. Delish. I like French syrah with that, too.

Whatcha thinking?

Hmm…one of these probably…

'98 SHL
'00 Haut Bailly
'03 Montrose
'05 Gloria
'05 Sociando
'05 DdChevalier

Surprised no one mentioned SQN Papa :stuck_out_tongue:

2004 Cain Five

Tonight, 16 D&R familiar, followed by (more than likely) 13 Limerick Lane Petite Sirah and coravin’d glasses of 05 Suduiraut Sauternes for dessert.

Tomorrow a 14 Sandlands napa chenin and 13 Carlisle Derivative at the resort pool (weekend staycation here in AZ) and then a 13 Carlisle Pagani and an 09 Bedrock Heirloom.

Sunday…some sort of champers (maybe 97 Cristal??) Followed by something absolutley awesome that I haven’t decided on.

All the while spending time with my lovely wife and amazing (well…most of the time :wink: 7 and 5 year old kids. Yeah…life is good!!

Planning on crab legs, so white burg. Perhaps a 2015 Prudhon St Alban.

Steak and a 2007 Realm to kalon.

My stepdad introduced me to wine on our first trip to Napa many years ago, so I try to open a Napa with him whenever there’s an occasion.