TN: 2015 Clothing Optional Wine Co. Muscat (USA, California, Central Coast, Chalone)

This is Hardy’s and Kate’s fun side project wine. Maple’s 529.

• 2015 Clothing Optional Wine Co. Muscat - USA, California, Central Coast, Chalone (6/13/2018)
    Very much a summer crusher, right here. As with the last bottle, there is a strong grassy-weedy fragrance that was really enticing. A tarragon-thyme-cannabis (no joke) scent. I liked it. There is grapefruit and peach notes. The citrusy-savory-sweet aspect is nice, too. It is a very crushable, fun wine that is made for hot summer evening patio quaffing. Drink it now. Have fun.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the tasting note, Dennis! Sounds like a perfect hot-weather quencher.

Was this the original release? I thought there was a subsequent Muscat/Chard wine offered a couple of months after the 100% Muscat…?

Thanks, Drew! This is the original and I’m pretty sure only Clothing Optional release. They were teasing the next release in IG this week.
Cheers!

Thanks again, Dennis!

Thanks for the notes Dennis-

For anyone holding the '15s, I think the time is now (at least this summer). There is no added SO2 on these wines and the 15 is in a good spot.

The '16 Chalone AVA White (Muscat, Chenin, Viognier, Chard) will come out this fall when it is cool enough to ship and we may or may not include the '17 Clothing Optional Lime Kiln AVA “RED?” (which we just bottled) with that release. The “Red?” is Old vine Muscat, Golden Chasselas, Palomino, etc… with just enough old vine Mourvèdre thrown in to fill up our 1/2 ton bin and turn the wine red- To note: the picking on that freak of a blend was assisted by none other than the legendary monsieur Ian Brand.

Anytime you need help going to a strange, dark place (or in this case, not so dark), I’m there for you, Hardy.

Just enjoyed my last bottle tonight. Dang good. Musk melon all the way.

This is very cool news! :slight_smile: