Wine Bars in Tokyo

Can anyone recommend some interesting Wine Bars in Tokyo with good selections ?

And restaurant recommendations are welcome too.

I highly recommend Elevage, which recently moved from Nishi-Azabu to Kagurazaka. Very friendly owner, lots of interesting older wines by the glass, and good food.

If you are looking for natural wines, Bunon, La Pioche, Shonzui, and Ahiru Store are all good options.

Elevage was great. I also liked Maru’s In Roppongi though it’s been quite a while since I was there. Izakaya Vin in Shibuya as well.

I have heard good things about Elevage, Izakaya Vin, Burgundy and Chinois.

i’ve enjoyed Elevage a lot. Why’d they move?

le cabaret, ahiru store, winestand waltz
i dunno if i trust those spots serving really high end stuff by the glass though

Check out Parabola Wine Bar in Minato. The owner, Richard, was also my Airbnb host!

There a number of Enoteca wine shops that have great wines for tasting…

Some TN from a recent trip.

If you’re interested in Madeira, there’s Leandro Wine Bar. Supposedly the greatest selection by the glass on the planet.

Unfortunately Richard closed Parabola relatively recently.

A friend recently went to Wine Bar Parc and really liked it. I’ll try it out in a couple of weeks.

I had a great night at Le Verre Vole, a sister to the Parisian natural wine bar. They have french Bistro food and a good selection of mostly small french makers (I had a ganevat negoce wine I’ve never seen stateside). The printed list was limited but if you’re lucky they’ll let you into the cave to pick something out.

Very devoted and knowledgeable staff and lots of ITB folks hanging around. Who knew Sony had a corporate winemaker?

Sawada for highest end sushi.

Good luck getting a reservation…

Get ur hotel concierge to help
They got us two 3* and a 2* place.

Check out Wine Terroirs for stories on Japanese wine bars…Wine Tasting, Vineyards, in France: Japan .

Really there are just so many, a lot depends on what kind of wine you are into.

Best options for “regular” wines (a lot of natural places above) are:

Tsubaki in Nishi Azabu
Cave de Vigne in Ginza
Aux Amis for Rhône wines
Elevage which is near Tsubaki

Even though my son is fluent in Japanese, he had to have the hotel concierge make this reservation. 3 weeks in advance it was no problem.

Thanks, guys…