Here's One for You Lawyers

Think scores are boring/irrelevant? Think again! :wink:

https://www.wine-searcher.com/m/2018/06/critic-wars-the-producer-strikes-back

[In French] Here are the critics and their scores (scroll down.)

This would be a lot more interesting with names. Frankly, if they’ve verified the letter’s authenticity (which they say they have), they have no good reason to not publish it in full. I get that wine-searcher.com is not held to the same journalistic standards as is The New York Times, but this still seems a little weasely.

Edit: thanks for posting the French version!

Sorry, I forgot the link. I’ve added it. Enjoy!

One of those sounds like lpb.

It’s a great review! He should also factor in the quality of the prose and would come up with a fairly complete picture.

I, too, like Neil Martin. A demonstrated willingness to change one’s scores, even if that means downgrading, inspires confidence that the reviewer is being honest, as opposed to protecting their initial impression. Quite frankly, I wish I saw more of that out of the wine geek community.

It’s Neal, not Neil, and did anyone say he is one of the critics involved? I imagined he would be but I am not sure I understand your point

If you check link , NM is Critic A, the top ranked.
But for my tastes anyone who ranks Suckling #2 is suspect.

Thanks. I had clicked the English link but now see that the french one has the names. Thx

My first thought as well.

All the way almost at the very bottom.

I thought she was one the one that was Atkin haha

This is going to be a great thread.

[popcorn.gif]

Along with Jeb Dunnuck because there wasn’t enough information to form an opinion.

I’m sure bdx ppl love suckling. He seems like a nice guy, fawns over them, and gives high scores. Why would they not?

Wow, to quote Seinfeld, “This is gold Jerry, gold!!!”

Wonder how the critics named will react to this little view from the other side. Only thing missing is a retrospective view of RMP. This is out hosing the hosemaster…

They were actually more favorably disposed to LPB than I would have expected, but they did say the jury is still out on her

Subjectivity examination is fair enough and I like his concept. More info would be interesting for me such as the rating history and associated verbiage of the author’s wine(s) by the critics he rated. How sour were those grapes; did his wines get seriously bombed as well as low to mid 90’s? He rated in the 60’s, wow!
Lots going on in this glass.

For real, I thought she was going to get lit up.

Now we just need grades for the critics who grade the critics