When Will 2008 Cristal And 2008 Dom Perignon Be Released?

Anyone know? Thanks.

I hear they’re offering both at Starbucks but you have to subscribe first.

Cristal was released last week in Europe. Tiny first tranche though. Hype.

Cristal landed last week in the USA

I’ve received a couple of offers for the Cristal this week @ $260

Released at gbp 730/6 ib in the U.K. but hardly any available.

Saw some for decent price at premier grands cru but apparently it’s sold out.

Wake me up when 2017 Dom is available. One day will make the perfect anniversary wine lol

Is it atypical for a vintage GM to be released after a later vintage GM? I don’t recall ever seeing something like a 2009 being released a year prior to a 2008. I may have simply overlooked it in the past.

Not unheard of but by no means typical

2008 Cristal is out. It is very good and has a lot of hype since it is a 2008. While both the blanc and Rose are wines full of potential, I actually prefer the 2009 Cristal duo both for younger drinking and over the long haul. It is only a very slight preference, but it is enough that I wouldn’t go mad chasing down the 2008 or overpaying for it if you can easily find the 2009.

2008 DP should be out later this year.

Yeah, it happens every now and then and is becoming more common now. You had some 89s before 88s and some 03s before 02s. Now you have some 09s before 08s. You also had Charles Heidsieck do the 06 Rose before the 05 Rose.

I don’t have the pro version but no hits on winesearcher for the 2008 Cristal.

Hey Brad, have you had the 2008 Delamotte BdB?

Why you asking? :wink:

No reason. No reason at all

It’s only just landed with distributors.

Good stuff, but not great. I prefer the 2004 over the 2008, but depending on price this can be a great QPR. 2008 is a wonderful vintage with Pinot Meunier and Pinot Noir really shining. Chardonnay also did well, but the Cote des Blancs wasn’t the star IMO. For Chardonnay, I wouldn’t be going ga-ga crazy over 2008. Don’t get me wrong, it is still a very above average year for Chardonnay, but it did best from the Aube, Montagne, and Marne which is atypical.

Interesting, do you think the same is true for 09 as well? I heard PN was better in that vintage as well.

Ouch, that seems high.