2017 Birth-year wines??

Any idea what regions did well in this year? I know it’s early…I’ve already heard Champagne is a bust…but hopefully Port & a few other “long-lived” wines will emerge.

Same dilemma here. For the moment I have secured my allocation of 2017 Monte Bello

I’ve seen some reports of a tricky growing season in Germany but a lot of estates sound like they made very good wines. these are some of my favorite to suggest for cellaring for birth years. the good ones are almost immortal, and your kids or whoever they’re bought for dont have to be crazy into wine to appreciate some of the amazing flavors that they produce, but if they are, they’ll recognize the depth and complexity easily.

Yes…without a doubt if there are “worthy” wines from the vintage I’ll be stocking up with a few for sure…as I’m sure so will his dad & mom will as well. I’m really hoping for a few “Under the radar” wines that outshine their price-points.

We tried the First Component of the 2017 Monte Bello earlier this year and it was outstanding. I would also consider both Pichon’s.

Thanks,
Ed