TN: 2007 Domaine Louis Michel Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos

• 2007 Domaine Louis Michel Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (5/31/2018)
    Has it really been 8 yrs since I last had this??? Aging beautifully…shimmering golden green color, slightly shy sea air, chalk dust, apple and honey nose. The huge citrus acidity has mellowed quite a bit, yet still possesses a great energy to go with the creamy orchard fruits, drizzled with a little honey and almonds from age. On the mellow side for Clos…everything is of subtlety, which I kind of like here. No mistaken the terroir…salty crushed oyster shell, chalky limestone, more of a clean sea air funk…pretty florals of lime blossom and white flowers. Wonderful softness on the palate, citrus fruit wax, yet vibrant with freshness. Glad to have another bottle to try in 5 yrs or so. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Drank all of these way to young…

Thank You for the note Mr B. I have some of these but have yet to drink one. Sounds like time to queue one up.

• 2007 Domaine Louis Michel Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (9/1/2020)
    Well…didn’t make it 5yrs from my last note…just 2…and there goes the last bottle of this, and my last Louis Michel GC. Very tight and solid cork in the bottle…but this one shows a tad more advancement than the last. Darker amber in color, nose shows some baked apple drizzled with honey…lovely chalky limestone, crushed oyster shell salinity, sea air funk. No issues at all though on the palate, as there is a nice fresh squeeze of lemon citrus, and vibrant sour skin green apple…good kick of energy…ginger and dried honey spice…softness of wax…subtle aged nuances of wonderful Chablis terroir! Although showing more signs of age than I would have liked, I do think this wine is very pleasurable and gives you that GC Chablis satisfaction…especially at the prices paid on release! So long my friend! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Super good today…tasting like a 90’s Krug!! [highfive.gif]

Looking forward to my haul of Michel coming from Envoyer in the fall.