A Restaurant in SF with a great wine list

I remember selling Matt wine to be laid down for this sometime around 1998.
He has a fascinating list and the food is good too! One tip: take a taxi! Parking is hard to find.

One of our favorite restaurants in SF. Wine, food and atmosphere are all excellent.

Tom

Here is the list

He does awesome events! Went 2 weeks ago and tasted thru an astonishing variety of wines (like 30+), including an awesome 2010 Domaine des Tours vdp Vaucluse

What is this “taxi” you are talking about?

Taxis are what we had before Uber. There are still remnants around. Sorry for the use of an obscure noun.

Oh yeah. Those smelly yellow things where the drivers actually know where they’re going.

1993 Togni is below Wine-Searcher retail price.

Killer list, killer pricing. I’d go there often.

1989 Raffault - $120
2001 Trotanoy - $265
2000 Calon Segur - $180

Early Havens

Fifth NYC taxi driver in five months kills himself after suffering ‘financial and emotional issues brought on by competition from Uber and Lyft and his wife’s Stage 4 cancer diagnosis’

Isn’t that uplifting.

They are great spot and a great destination for wine nerds. The list is excellent but so is the food. Much like RN74 the food is designed to match the wines more than the other way around.

Good read … the restaurant, not the NYC cab driver.

I remember 6 or 7 years ago, I chanced upon a 2008 Allemand Reynard for something like $110 for the bottle at Zuni Cafe. Went well with their excellent chicken dish.

Will look for it in my next trip.