Help choose a wine - Blue Hill Stone Barns

https://www.bluehillfarm.com/sites/default/files/pdf/blue_hill_stone_barns_wine_list_4-12-18.pdf

Help me choose a white and a red under $350/btle. No riesling pls.

Thanks!

Crap tons of very nice grower Champagnes under $200/bottle (Agrapart, Courtin, Goutorbe to point out a few very nice wines). The set of Roulot Meursault wines were mostly under $350. The 2005 Arlaud Charmes Chambertin at $360 was maybe the best Burgundy taking into consideration producer, site, bottle age, vintage and pricing. There is a very fine set of Aldo Conterno Barolos from 2000 and 2001 all at $325. A little research on the individual bottlings might turn up something there as well.

Still white? I like peters chetillons 2010 and pycm Genevieveres, and 05 roumier Chambolle, 07 lafarge Caillerets and 02 gouges pruliers

They have a a lot of Selosse!
Other than that, I like JIm’s recommendations above.

Edit: Prevost at $220 isn’t terrible for restaurant pricing.
Also Cedric Bouchard.

First bottle options:

2013 Prevost Rose Champagne, $345
2010 Roulot Meursault Tillets, $285

Second bottle options:
2007 Meo Camuzet Chambolle Feusselottes, $345
2007 Lafarge Volnay Caillerets, $298
1993 Tempier Mougoua, $305
2010 Bartolo Mascarello Barolo, $315

If I had to choose, I’d go with the Roulot and the Lafarge. Or perhaps the Tempier, depending on what the menu looked like in the second half of dinner.

Drouhin beze 2013 if you g is ok. $295

And of course huet’s 2002 le mont demi is great when sound and presumably this is the restaurant’s risk

Thanks to all responses. Any thoughts on the 92 Eyre.?

i would do the 2010 ganevat les chalasses ($125) for a white and the 2007 bizot marsannay clos du roy ($175) for red

Hey Sebastian,

I have never had an Eyrie wine with that much age on it but if I were you, I wouldn’t sleep on the wine pairing option as at $168/per person; it certainly adds another dimension to the plethora of courses you are served. Just my 2 cents.

And regardless of whatever option you choose, certainly enjoy the experience!

I was there last week. The list on the website is a little out of date so plan to spend a little time with the list when you get there.
A

BYO is $90 per bottle for every 2 guests. Your wine can’t be on their list.

Damn, helluva list! I got excited when I say 1901 madeira for around $200…but then I realized that was for a single glass. Wahhh wahhhhhh.