Is anybody still waiting for 2014 Bordeaux futures?

One of my clients is. A major wine store has been promising delivery since last Summer, and we are still waiting. Is there a possible reason why I have received 2015s, and am still waiting for three cases of 2014?

I’m still waiting on VCC.

Still waiting on one wine from a very reputable retailer. It’s supposed to come in the fall with the last of the 2015s. I am not worried.

It’s on the water.

It will be on the next container due in the fall. rolleyes

I have all mine, including VCC. From 2 large retailers.

I definitely think that that is odd and might point to potential fraudulent behavior. Which major store was this so I can avoid them?

Or being consolidated in a temp-controlled warehouse in the Beaune.

Huh?

Subtle Premier Cru (bankrupt wine store in Emeryville, CA) references. There is a lengthy thread covering the topic, including various excuses provided by employees and wishful customers for delayed wine “futures” arrivals. Good read if you have a couple hours.

No good reason for non-delivery at this point unless it was a smaller DI retailer or similar that is waiting to consolidate and ship a full load. That said, after over a year I think even that excuse wears a bit thin. If it were me, I would be demanding a refund and moving on at this point (assuming the wines in question were available in the US more than a year ago as of now.)

People would do well to remember that PC was juggling its books for YEARS. Sure the 4-5+ year delays were unacceptable, but for an operation that size, so were delays over 6-9 months past release date. The disconnect with reality at PC was not just in the final years- it was for 15+ years.

I’m pretty sure I’m waiting on futures from the same retailer. I’ve been debating on whether I should just ask for a refund at this point. Might just go ahead a pull that trigger