When A Wine Keeps Pulling You Back For More

It occurred to me that while I drink a lot of wines that are very good, and some that are better than very good, I encounter very few that keep me wanting to go back to the glass more frequently than I typically would. The last one that fell into that category was Krug’s Grande Cuvée 164 eme. What was the last wine you had that kept calling you back for another sip? Thanks.

'81 Tondonia GR Blanco I had for my birthday a couple weeks back. mmmmmm… and then when you approach the end of the bottle there’s a tiny bit of sadness that you get, like when you know that a great party is ending and you just want the evening to go on.

Probably the same as you: Krug 164.

'99 Verset Cornas. I kept going to back to it so long as I had some left during dinner.

Deleted

Last night when I started cooking dinner…opened IngridGroiss Gruner ‘17. So friggin’ good that I’d drunk over 2/3’rds the btl afore I sat down to eat. Hate that in a wine.
Tom

85 Jaboulet Cote Rotie mag. Drank with my wife and I and another couple. When I opened the mag the other people said it was a wast to open such a large bottle. It was finished rather fast. So complex, every glass was different.

2006 Taittenger Compte de Champagne
Ended up buying cases

1989 Ch Haut Brion. OMG!! Just wish I could afford more than the one bottle I was lucky enough to have.

1959 Château Léoville Poyferré…it was served blind to me and it was just a beautiful wine. Another wine that absolutely deserves a mention is the 2013 Fattoria Poggio di Sotto Rosso di Montalcino. Just a breath-taking wine.

1970 Produttori Barbaresco last month, then later that night 1983 P. Licht Bergweiler Erben Graacher Domprobst Riesling Auslese. It was a good night.

many, most often white Burgs and Champagne. Most recently it was 08 Trimbach FE and a couple 14 Ramonets.

2013 Williams Selyem Rochioli Riverblock