Any Wine related Podcasts worth giving a go?

Title says it all

You should certainly start and finish with I’ll Drink to That! With Levi Dalton.

500 hours worth…don’t come back until you’re done with them all

Ill Drink to That definitely my favorite. Theres so much gold there.

I’m admittedly an Italian wine nut, so I would recommend starting with the ones with Aldo Vacca, Ian D’Agata, and Massnaghetti. I’ve also really enjoyed Aubert Villaine, Michael Cruse, James Conway, Phillipe Guigal, and Jean-Louis Chave. With over 450 episodes though, you can dig into really any region that you want.

Levi, if you happen to be reading this thread, I’ve ALWAYS been interested to hear how an interview with Rolland would go. Has that ever been someone floated to come on the show?

Also OP, A good, if admittedly more sporadic and basic, podcast is the Wine for Normal People podcast. great for the 10,000ft view to IDTT’s zoomed in version.

Here is what I listen to:

• I’ll Drink to That
  • Inside Winemaking with Jim Duane (Seavey winemaker; good mix of guest winemakers/vintners and technical winemaking podcasts)
  • The Wine Makers (Sonoma and Napa winemakers and Somms; light-hearted and fun with some good interviews; nice Bedrock episode recently)
  • I still subscribe to Wine for Normal People but have soured on it recently after she went on an anti-Napa rant for a number of episodes.
  • I occasionally listen to Guild of Sommelier

I’ll Drink To That is the gold standard for wine podcasts, for sure.

I’ve also enjoyed The Honest Pour - although you have to listen either via their website or Soundcloud:

The Mike Dunn episode was very good.

I like Grape Radio. The aforementioned Guild of Sommelier podcasts can have great content.

You may find this recent article of interest

Not a podcast (as far as I know), but interesting, informative videos from Fred Scherrer at his winery in California: Ask a Winemaker – Scherrer Winery

Thanks, that was a nice read and fun to have a little more background on Levi. He is a great interviewer, one of the better ones I’ve heard doing podcasts of any type.

I recall that the possibility was discussed at one point but that it never came together, I believe because of scheduling although I don’t specifically remember. Who knows, could happen one day.

The IDTT episode with Chisa Bize is the single best podcast in his series, I love it.

Grape Radio seems largely dead.

Another vote for I’ll Drink to That. Levi does an amazing job of being prepared and asking questions at just the right level of expertise/geekiness for this crowd. And, like any true professional, his interviewing style has improved over the years, so he’s clearly working at it. It has only one flaw - too many hours of material in the library to ever get through!

do you have any favorite episodes you’d recc for someone starting this podcast?

I’ve enjoyed several episodes of Guild of Sommeliers. This is a good reminder that I need to revisit.

I like Guild of Sommeliers too. The episode on Beaujolais is good, as an example.

6/22/17 - Mike and Randy Dunn
3/2/18 - Becky George - Kelly Fleming Wines
4/19/18 - Gabrielle Shaffer - Stagecoach Vineyard

On the geeky winemaking side

12/7/17 - Neva Parker - White Labs on yeast

I knew I wouldn’t get to this thread in time to do anything other than repeat praise for I’ll Drink To That.