2013 Ramonet Clos de la Boudriette

This was out of control. Absolutely delicious. Detailed notes later.

You’re touching on some top secret info…2013 made some good whites.

White or red?

Clos de la Boudriotte is a red. Boudriotte is a white

Hence my query, as above a white was mentioned…

It was the red.

This had a beautiful nose that suggested Chambolle or Volnay, with a bit of earth and sous bois. Lots of red fruits, and great palate presence. It wasn’t a huge wine by any means and I’m not sure how well it’d age, but had surprising complexity and was remarkably well integrated. We drank it along with some pretty heavy hitters and it more than held its own.

Gorgeous stuff. The Clos St Jean was also incredibly delicious from 2013.

I grabbed some 14 recently; we’ll see how it is, slightly better regarded vintage.

Michael. The 14s from Ramonet are exquisite. Much better than 2013 to me. Enjoy! The 2014 Clos St Jean was one of my favorite wines even over many from Cotes de Nuits.

That is great to hear! I just picked up some of that exact wine. Any comments on the '14 Clos de la Boudriette and village Chassagne-Montrachet red and white?

I got some of the 15 CSJ and CDB as well which I imagine will also be very good.

There are still a few deals on the 13s of these, it seems like the 15s are quite a bit more expensive.

I drank the 1966 at the weekend. Ethereal, delicate old Burgundy.

Are “Clos de la Boudriotte” and “La Boudriotte” 2 different vineyards?

Nice post Michael. Ramonet is one of the few estates where both reds and whites are top quality. Glad to hear 2013s are showing well. I have a bottle or two to check later.

Ramonet’s white Boudriotte actually comes from the lieu-dit of Fairendes which is one of several lieux-dits within Morgeot that has the right to be sold as Boudriotte.

The Clos de la Boudriotte is a clos within the lieu-dit of Boudriotte that Pierre Ramonet used to call his “little Romanée-Conti”. It was one of the first vineyards he acquired. I would personally rank the domaine’s Clos Saint-Jean on the same level or a step above.

William, thanks for the note! [cheers.gif]

“Ramonet’s white Boudriotte actually comes from the lieu-dit of Fairendes which is one of several lieux-dits within Morgeot that has the right to be sold as Boudriotte.”
Strange. There is a lieu-dit “Les Fairandes”, but not as Part of Morgeot: Weinlagen

Do you know wich part of Boudriotte ?