Vice Versa

What do people think about Vice Versa? I only know two people that have bought their wines and they rave about them. I’m on their mailing list but was reluctant to buy their offering a few months ago. I still have an offering of six bottles of their Napa Valley cab that I’m debating over, especially with Carter and Rivers-Marie upcoming in the next two months.

If you’ve had their wines, let me know your thoughts!

I’m a fan and think the wines are terrific. What I especially like is that they strike a good balance between the sexy/drink me now style and the structured/cellar me style.

[Full disclosure: I’ve sold Vice Versa in my shop in the past but it’s been a few years.]

Richard, thank you very much for your response. Which of their wines do you enjoy the most?

Six or half-a-dozen?

Only six unfortunately. Was hoping for half a dozen. Maybe next year.

I’ve only had the Vice Versa Napa Cab 2015, and its an excellent wine.

I visited VV about six weeks ago. The 2016 Napa was enjoyable but the Las Piedras was outstanding. One of the better representations of LPV that I’ve had the pleasure of having. Wish I couldve tasted Crane but no dice.The price point isnt low by any means, but worth the cost of admission, imo

1 Like

Seems like blarmston and I had a very similar experience.

We had a wonderful tasting with Sam in the cave at VV about a month ago which was one of the highlights of our trip. I also enjoyed the 2016 Napa and LPV, and ordered two of each. I felt that the price point was well within reason for VV’s peer group. Would definitely continue to buy at least both of these from them in the future.

Thanks for the input!

Hi Josh,

I have a ton of tasting notes on the 2015 and 2016 Vice Versa wines on Cellar Tracker - csimm1161. Overall, I can’t say enough good things about their wines and the operation. The Crane and LPV tend to be my favorites. The Napa Cab is a good introduction into their lineup, but for me the SVDs are where you really see the elevation in site-specific complexity and quality juice. The M7 and BBS wines are also great splurges if you want to take it to the next level!

Csimm, thanks so much for your insight. Your CellarTracker notes were actually how I came across Vice Versa, as I always enjoy reading the notes you post.

I plan on ordering later today, even though the Napa valley is the only remaining wine available! I look forward to exploring the others next offering or when I’m in Napa next year.

The VV Chard is fantastic, it sees no oak.

Joe, is the Chardonnay a new offering from them?

Yes, fruit is from the Platt vineyard. You can look at cellartracker for tasting notes.

Also sitting on the fence right now. Have a six bottle offer waiting for me to hit. I have to say that I am getting tired of be priced out of wines and wineries I love. VV is starting at my priced out level. How long could I stay a buyer? Maybe I got into this hobby too late. $150 plus for entry level wines? I am sure they are great but in order to get to the really good stuff you are at $200-$350 now a days.